Atlanta guard Andy Levitre has been placed on injured reserve and will miss the rest of the season after suffering a torn tricep during the Falcons' win over Carolina on Sunday.
“After receiving the tests results on Andy’s injury from Sunday’s game, it has been determined that he will miss the remainder of the season with a triceps injury,” Falcons coach Dan Quinn told reporters today.
It's a tough blow for the Falcons. Levitre has been one of the most reliable offensive linemen of the past 10 years. Drafted by Buffalo in the second round in 2009, Levitre didn't miss a start for four seasons with the Bills, then to seasons for Tennessee before landing in Atlanta in 2015. With the Falcons, Levitre made every start in 2015 and 2016 before missing three games last season.
Now, he will miss 14 games in one season.
“Andy worked extremely hard to get back on the field after a similar injury last year, and there is no doubt his leadership will continue to be felt this year," Quinn said. "We have a ton of respect for Andy and what he stands for, and what he means to our team.”
-- Brandin Cooks delivers
Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Brandin Cooks had a huge game on Sunday during a 34-0 over Arizona. Cooks caught seven passes for 159 yards with a long reception of 57. In two games, Cooks has 12 receptions for 246 yards, but has yet to score a touchdown with the Rams.
--- Jordan Poyer remains elite
Buffalo safety Jordan Poyer continues to play well on a very weak team. Poyer, during Sunday's loss at home to the Los Angeles Chargers, did his part by making seven tackles (six solo) with two for loss and recovered a fumble.
There are 14 former Ducks currently on NFL rosters and practice squads. Scroll below to find out how they performed over the weekend.
Below is a team-by-team list of former Ducks, Beavers and others from around the state, currently on NFL rosters If we've missed anyone, please let us know with an email to AaronFentress@CSNNW.com:
Score: Atlanta won 31-24 over Carolina.
- Andy Levitre, Oregon State, guard: Started at left guard but was placed on injured reserve Tuesday with a torn triceps suffered against Carolina. Levitre will likely miss the rest of the season, according to reports.
- Rocky Ortiz, Oregon State, running back: Started at fullback and appeared in 12 plays on offense and five on special teams.
Score: Lost 34-23 at Cincinnati.
- Randin Crecelius, Portland State, guard: The undrafted rookie free agent in on the practice squad.
- Patrick Onwuasor, Portland State, linebacker: Started at linebacker and had eight tackles, three solo. Also had one quarterback hurry.
Lost 31-20 to the Los Angeles Chargers.
- Kyle Peko, Oregon State, nose tackle: Is on the team's practice squad.
- Jordan Poyer, Oregon State, safety: Started at safety and had seven tackles, six solo. Also recovered a fumble and had two tackles for loss.
Score: Lost 31-24 at Atlanta.
- David Mayo, Texas State (Scappoose H.S.), linebacker: Started at outside linebacker and had two solo tackles.
Score: Won 24-17 over Seattle.
- Kyle Long, Oregon Ducks, guard: Started at right guard.
- Ryan Nall, Oregon State (Central Catholic H.S., Portland), running back: Is on the team's practice squad.
Score: Won 34-23 over Baltimore.
- Jake Fisher, Oregon Ducks, offensive tackle: Appeared in one play on offense and four on special teams.
Score: Lost 21-18 at New Orleans.
- Terrance Mitchell, Oregon Ducks, defensive back: Started and had five solo tackles and forced two fumbles and one recovery.
Score: Won 20-13 over the New York Giants.
Score: Won 20-19 over Oakland.
- Royce Freeman, Oregon Ducks, running back: Scored his first NFL touchdown from one yard out. Carried the ball eight times for 28 yards.
Lost 30-27 at San Francisco.
Score: Lost 20-17 at Tennessee.
- Brennan Scarlett, California and Stanford (Central Catholic H.S., Portland): Started at the "Jack" linebacker and had three solo tackles.
Won 42-37 at Pittsburgh.
- Steven Nelson, Oregon State, defensive back: Started at right cornerback and had eight tackles, four solo, and defended one pass.
- De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon Ducks, wide receiver: Had a 48-yard punt return and recovered a fumble. Last week, Thomas forced a fumble on special teams.
Score: Won 31-20 at Buffalo.
- Tyrell Williams, Western Oregon (Cascade H.S., Turner), wide receiver: Started and three passes for 48 yards.
Won 34-0 over Arizona.
- Brandin Cooks, Oregon State, wide receiver: Caught seven passes for 159 yards.
- Johnny Hekker, Oregon State, punter: Punted twice for 102 yards, an average of 51 yards per punt. Also made a 20-yard field goal and an extra point.
- Troy Hill, Oregon Ducks, defensive back: Played but did not have a tackle.
- Sean Mannion, Oregon State, quarterback: Did not play.
- Johnny Mundt, Oregon Ducks, tight end: Appeared in six special teams plays.
- Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska (Grant H.S.), defensive tackle: Had one assisted tackle and one quarterback hurry.
Score: Miami won 20-12 over the New York Jets.
- Kiko Alonso, Oregon Ducks, linebacker: Started at outside linebacker and had 13 solo tackles and two forced fumbles.
Score: Tied 29-29 at Green Bay in OT.
- Mike Remmers, Oregon State, offensive tackle: Started at right tackle and played all 73 offensive snaps.
Score: Lost 31-20 at Jacksonville.
- Ryan Allen, Louisiana Tech (West Salem H.S.), punter: Punted four times for 222 yards, an average of 55.5 yards per punt.
- Kenjon Barner, Oregon Ducks, running back: Inactive.
- Patrick Chung, Oregon Ducks, safety: Had three solo tackles.
Score: Won 21-18 over Cleveland.
Max Unger, Oregon Ducks, center: Started at center.
Score: Lost 20-13 at Dallas.
- Jonathan Stewart, Oregon Ducks, running back: The backup carried the ball twice for one.
- Aldrick Rosas, Southern Oregon, kicker: Made three field goals of 28 and 38 yards.
Score: Lost 21-18 at Tampa Bay.
- D.J. Alexander, Oregon State, linebacker: Had one tackle on special teams.
- Haloti Ngata, Oregon Ducks, defensive tackle: Appeared in 36 snaps and had one assisted tackle.
- Isaac Seumalo, Oregon State, guard: Appeared in four offensive snaps.
Score: Lost 42-27 to Kansas City.
- Kameron Canaday, Portland State, long snapper: Appeared in 10 special teams plays.
Score: Won 30-27 over Detroit.
- Arik Armstead, Oregon Ducks, defensive end: Started at right defensive end. Had three solo tackles, one for loss, and two quarterback hurries.
- Victor Bolden Jr., Oregon State, wide receiver: Did not play. Serving four game suspension for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
- DeForest Buckner, Oregon Ducks, defensive end: Started at left defensive end. Had five solo tackles with one sack an two quarterback hurries.
Score: Lost 24-17 at Chicago.
- Ed Dickson, Oregon Ducks, tight end: Out with an injury.
- Dion Jordan, Oregon Ducks, defensive end: Played but did not record a tackle.
Score: Won 21-18 over Philadelphia.
Score: Won 20-17 over Houston.
- Marcus Mariota, Oregon Ducks, quarterback: Mariota did not play (elbow).
Score: Lost 21-9 at home to Indianapolis.