Former Oregon State running back Ryan Nall was released by the Chicago Bears over the weekend. But he wasn't without a job long. Chicago instantly signed Nall to its practice squad.
NFL teams reduced their rosters to 53 over the weekend and each team was able to add up to 10 players to its practice squad.
The Los Angeles Rams continue to be the most loaded with former Beavers. Wide receiver Brandin Cooks is on his third team in five years but could find his way in another Super Bowl with the Rams. Punter Johnny Hekker is a four-time Pro Bowler entering his seventh season. The Rams' backup quarterback is Sean Mannion.
Former OSU linebacker D.J. Alexander found himself released by the Bears only to be then signed by Philadelphia.
There are 14 former Beavers currently on NFL rosters and practice squads.
Below is a team-by-team list of former Ducks, and others from around the state, currently on NFL rosters following the final roster cut down. If we've missed anyone, please let us know with an email to AaronFentress@CSNNW.com:
- Andy Levitre, Oregon State, guard: Entering his 10th season.
- Rocky Ortiz, Oregon State, running back: Spent last season on Baltimore's practice squad. Signed with Atlanta on May 18.
RELEASED: Atlanta released guard Sean Harlow, Oregon State. The 2017 fourth-round pick spent all of last season inactive.
- Randin Crecelius, Portland State, guard: The undrafted rookie free agent was release and then resigned to the practice squad.
- Patrick Onwuasor, Portland State, linebacker: Entering his third season. Appeared in 16 games last season and finished with 90 total tackles.
- Jordan Poyer, Oregon State, safety: Entering his sixth season. Intercepted five passes in 2017.
- David Mayo, Texas State (Scappoose H.S.), linebacker: Entering his fourth season. Had 19 tackles last season.
- Kyle Long, Oregon, guard: Entering his sixth season. A three-time Pro Bowl player.
- Ryan Nall, Oregon State (Central Catholic H.S., Portland), running back: The undrafted rookie free agent was eleased and then signed to the Bears' practice squad.
RELEASED: Center Hroniss Grasu, Oregon, was released after three seasons. Chicago also released long snapper Tanner Carew, Oregon. He was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by Seattle but was cut during training camp leading to the Bears picking him up.
- Jake Fisher, Oregon, offensive tackle: Entering his fourth season. Has started 11 career games.
- Terrance Mitchell, Oregon, defensive back: Intercepted four passes last season for Kansas City.
RELEASED: Cleveland released offensive lineman Fred Lauina, Oregon State. He had been signed as an undrafted rookie free agent in May.
- Tyree Robinson, Oregon, safety: Signed as an undrafted rookie free agent.
- Royce Freeman, Oregon, running back: Denver selected Oregon's all-time leading rusher in the third round last spring.
- Kyle Peko, Oregon State, nose tackle: Denver released Peko and then resigned him to the practice squad.
- LeGarrette Blount, Oregon, running back: Rushed for 766 yards last season for the Super Bowl champion Eagles.
- Tyrell Crosby, Oregon, offensive tackle: Selected in the fifth round last spring.
RELEASED: Cornerback DeShawn Shead, Portland State. Shead missed most of last season with Seattle with a knee injury suffered the year before. Detroit also cut wide receiver Jace Billingsley, Eastern Oregon. He appeared in two games last season.
- Brennan Scarlett, California and Stanford (Central Catholic H.S., Portland): Entering his third season. Appeared in 18 games over the past two seasons.
RELEASED: Cornerback Treston Decoud, Oregon State. He appeared in 10 games last season.
RELEASED: Running back Tim Cook, Oregon State. The undrafted rookie free agent in 2017 is entering his second season. Jacksonville also released undrafted rookie free agent linebacker Manase Hungalu, Oregon State.
- Steven Nelson, Oregon State, defensive back: Entering his fourth season. Nelson has appeared in 36 career games.
- De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon, wide receiver: Entering his fifth season. Has 61 career receptions.
RELEASED: Kansas City released cornerback Arrion Springs, Oregon, bought brought him back to the team's practice squad.
- Tyrell Williams, Western Oregon (Cascade H.S., Turner), wide receiver: Entering his fourth season. Has 1,877 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns for his career.
- Brandin Cooks, Oregon State, wide receiver: On his third team in five years. Has three seasons of 1,000 receiving yards or more for his career.
- Johnny Hekker, Oregon State, punter: The four-time Pro Bowler enters his seventh season. Averaged 47.9 yards per punt last season.
- Troy Hill, Oregon, defensive back: Entering his fourth season. Hill has appeared in 24 NFL games.
- Sean Mannion, Oregon State, quarterback: Entering his third season.
- Johnny Mundt, Oregon, tight end: Undrafted rookie free agent from 2017.
- Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska (Grant H.S.), defensive tackle: The five-time Pro Bowler joined the Rams over the offseason.
- Kiko Alonso, Oregon, linebacker: The sixth-year pro had 115 tackles last season.
- Mike Remmers, Oregon State, offensive tackle: Entering his sixth season in the NFL.
RELEASED: The Vikings released guard Josh Andrews, Oregon State. He spent last season on the Eagles' practice squad.
- Ryan Allen, Louisiana Tech (West Salem H.S.), punter: Entering his sixth season, all with the Patriots. Has a career punting average of 45.3 yards.
- Patrick Chung, Oregon, safety: Entering his 10th season, eighth with the Patriots.
RELEASED: Safety Eddie Pleasant, Oregon. Spent six seasons with Houston.
Max Unger, Oregon, center: The two-time Pro Bowl player is entering his ninth season.
- Jonathan Stewart, Oregon, running back: Rushed for 7,318 yards in 10 seasons with Carolina.
- Aldrick Rosas, Southern Oregon, kicker: Made 18 of 25 field goal attempts last season.
RELEASED: The Jets released linebacker Obum Gwacham, Oregon State. He has appeared in 14 NFL games during his three-year career.
RELEASED: Oakland released offensive lineman Cameron Hunt, Oregon. He spent last season on the 49ers' practice squad. The Raiders also released tight end Pharaoh Brown, Oregon. He signed as an undrafted rookie free agent last year and spent most of the season on the team's practice squad.
- D.J. Alexander, Oregon State, linebacker: Cut by Seattle and then signed by the Eagles,
- Haloti Ngata, Oregon, defensive tackle: The five-time Pro Bowler is entering his 13th season.
- Isaac Seumalo, Oregon State, guard: Entering his third season. Has appeared in 23 games.
RELEASED: Philadelphia released offensive tackle Taylor Hart, Oregon. He was set to enter his fifths season. Linebacker Joe Walker, Oregon, was also released. He appeared in 12 games as a rookie last season. Former Oregon State wide receiver Marcus Wheaton was also released.
- Kameron Canaday, Portland State, long snapper: Appeared in 16 games last season. Entering his third year.
- Arik Armstead, Oregon, defensive end: Entering his fourth season. The former first-round pick appeared in just six games last year.
- Victor Bolden Jr., Oregon State, wide receiver: Had 396 yards on kick off returns last season. He has been suspended for the first four games of the season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
- DeForest Buckner, Oregon, defensive end: Entering his second year after making 45 tackles last season.
- Ed Dickson, Oregon, tight end: Entering his ninth season. Caught 30 passes for 437 yards last season.
- Dion Jordan, Oregon, defensive end: Entering his second season with Seattle. Had for sacks in five games last season.
RELEASED: Linebacker D.J. Alexander, Oregon State. He later signed with Philadelphia. He has played three seasons withi 34 career tackles in 44 games.
- Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State, running back: Entering his eighth season. Rushed for 244 yards last season with the Buccaneers.
- Marcus Mariota, Oregon, quarterback: Entering his fourth season. Had a career low 13 touchdown passes last season.
- Byron Marshall, Oregon, running back: Entering third season, second with Washington.
RELEASED: Washington released offensive lineman Alex Balducci, Oregon (Central Catholic H.S., Portland).