I should have written about this sooner, have talked about it on various radio appearances, but it took a tweet from Stevie Cozens to spark this post. Thank you, Stevie!
And I must say, I love statistics -- especially the ones I don’t have to compile myself.
CJ McCollum is polishing off his best season as a Trail Blazer and it’s being overlooked. And it’s important he get credit because he has somehow evolved into the Portland player a lot of fans choose to blame for whatever goes wrong with their team.
- McCollum is averaging 23.3 points per game, a career high.
- McCollum is averaging 4.8 assists per game, a career high.
- McCollum is averaging 3.7 made three-point field goals, a career high.
- McCollum is shooting 51.3 percent from two-point range, a career high.
- McCollum is shooting 50 percent from mid-range, a career high.
- McCollum has a 55.2 percent effective field-goal percentage, a career high.
- McCollum’s turnover percentage, 6.5 percent, is a career low.
So, he’s having a very good season and I think those fans really ought to get off this man’s case.