Tobias Harris reads books.
You may have heard this from Mike Scott, or you may have noticed that Harris is constantly carrying books on his way to Sixers games.
Harris told Sports Illustrated back in 2015 that he likes to read before games because it increases his focus level, and he's been known to frequent book stores while on the road, like when he and Matisse Thybulle visited Manhattan's Strand Bookstore in January:
With the NBA's All-Star week upon us, fans - and most players - have some extra time on their hands. You can bet Harris is using this free time to squeeze in some more reading.
I, a scholar, used some of my free time to dive through Harris's Instagram page, looking for photos of the books he's been reading since he joined the Sixers last season.
Below, you'll find the Tobias Harris Book Club, a running list of the books Harris has read during his time in the league, whether identified through Instagram photos or interviews, or by Harris himself. The book club will be a living document, which will update every time a new book appears in Harris's hands.
Feel free to send any new books you find to firstname.lastname@example.org, or @adamwhermann on Twitter.
- The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety by Alan Watts (via Twitter)
- Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin (via reader Martha / Twitter)
- Just Breathe: Mastering Breathwork for Success in Life, Love, Business, and Beyond by Dan Brulé (via reader Ryan / Instagram)
- Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked by Adam Alter (via Instagram)
- Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by David Goggins (via Instagram)
- Capitol Men: The Epic Story of Reconstruction Through the Lives of the First Black Congressmen by Philip Dray (via Instagram)
- Stillness Is The Key by Ryan Holiday (via Instagram)
- The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates (via Instagram)
- The Wall Street Journal Complete Money and Investing Guidebook by Dave Kansas (via Instagram)
- The Yellow House: A Memoir by Sarah M. Broom (via Instagram)
- Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi (via interview)
- The Greatest Salesman In The World by Og Mandino (via interview)
- Between The World And Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates (via Twitter)
- The Abolition Of Man by C.S. Lewis (via Twitter)
- There Is No Next: NBA Legends on the Legacy of Michael Jordan by Sam Smith (via Twitter)
- Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America by Michael Eric Dyson (via Twitter)
- What Is The What by Dave Eggers (via Twitter)
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin (via Twitter)
- Effortless Mastery: Liberating the Master Musician Within by Kenny Werner (via Twitter)
- Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living by Krista Tippett (via Twitter)
- Blood Brothers: The Fatal Friendship Between Muhammad Ali and Malcolm X by Randy Roberts and Johnny Smith (via Twitter)
- The Lost Education Of Horace Tate by Vanessa Siddle Walker (via Twitter)