Some feel Jeudy is the best of this remarkable wide receiver draft class, and it’s easy to see why. His production his last two years at Alabama was remarkable – 145 catches, 2,478 yards, 24 TDs and a 17.1 average. Only two receivers – including Oklahoma’s CeeDee Lamb – had more yards over the last two seasons.
Jeudy runs great routes, knows how to find the end zone and has a real knack for using his 4.45 speed to get open. He’s a tough dude and will fight for extra yards after the catch.
Jeudy has the speed and size to be an outside receiver, although the slot could wind up being his strongest position. It’s unimaginable that he would slip to the Eagles at No. 21, so the only way they’re going to have a chance to draft him is if Howie Roseman trades up in the first round.
Current roster at WR: There isn’t much. Alshon Jeffery and DeSean Jackson are still here, but both are coming off miserable injury-plagued seasons. J.J. Arcega-Whiteside and Greg Ward are the next two on the depth chart, so any rookie the Eagles add – whether it’s a 1st-round draft pick or an undrafted rookie out of Rowan – he’ll have an opportunity to play from the jump.
How he would fit: He would fit by instantly becoming the Eagles’ best receiver the moment he walks into the Nova-Care Complex. The Eagles haven’t had a rookie receiver make a significant impact since Jordan Matthews six years ago, and all the receivers in their 20s currently on the roster have a combined 52 career receptions (Ward 28, Deontay Burnett 12, Arcega-Whiteside 10, Robert Davis 2). The Eagles desperately need an infusion of speed, talent, energy and playmaking at wide receiver.
Eagles' history at WR in draft: The Eagles have drafted 10 receivers in the last decade, and only two are currently with the team – Arcega-Whiteside and Shelton Gibson -- and they have 13 combined career catches. The Eagles have taken only three wide receivers in the first round in the last 35 years – Freddie Mitchell in 2001, Jeremy Maclin in 2009 and Nelson Agholor in 2015.
Click here to download the MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games easily on your device.
More draft profiles
- 2020 NFL draft profile: Jalen Reagor has an intriguing skillset
- 2020 NFL draft profile: Speedy Ruggs III could be perfect for the Eagles
- 2020 NFL draft profile: Justin Jefferson at 21 for Eagles?
- 2020 NFL draft profile: Eagles should pounce if Henderson falls
- 2020 NFL draft profile: Patrick Queen could change the Eagles' minds on LBs
- 2020 NFL draft profile: Xavier McKinney is a versatile, Day 1 starter
- 2020 NFL draft profile: Finding hope in WR CeeDee Lamb
- 2020 NFL draft profile: Grant Delpit could be Malcolm Jenkins replacement
- 2020 NFL draft profile: Kenneth Murray could make Eagles finally take a LB