Listen, Eagles fans know that we’re the best fan base in the NFL. And we know that most other NFL fans hate us, for some guy that threw a snowball 50 years ago or something.
Well, guess what? We don’t like them very much, either. And we really don’t like the team they root for.
So to get ready for the 2020 Eagles season, let’s roll through the other 31 NFL teams, and one reason (of many) for Eagles fans to hate them.
- Cowboys: If you don’t know, you’re not an Eagles fan. With that said, I hope Jerry Jones lives forever, and continues to meddle with the roster.
- Washington: Your owner is to Jerry Jones what Dr. Evil is to real Bond villains. How’s that name search coming?
- Giants: Almost feel bad for them anymore. But we don’t.
- Bears: Fog Bowl. Obviously rigged.
- Packers: Aaron Rodgers can’t even chug a beer.
- Lions: You embarrassed Chip Kelly on Thanksgiving 5 years ago (Thank you!)
- Vikings: Your fans had a rally at the Art Museum in January of 2018. How’d that work out for you?
- Buccaneers: Ronde Barber.
- Saints: You beat us 3 times in the playoffs, including the derailment of the magic 2007 playoff run of Our Baby.
- Falcons: Julio Jones. That guy KILLS us. (Managed to miss that one catch though)
- Panthers: Not much here, but this tweet after beating us in 2018 will work.
- 49ers: You traded us T.O. The ultimate tease.
- Rams: You injured Carson Wentz. Worked out ok for us though.
- Seahawks: You injured Carson Wentz. Didn’t work out as well.
- Cardinals: We had them on the ropes in the 2008 NFC title game, and we let ‘em off the hook.
- Patriots: Don’t think too hard about it. It’s the Patriots. Everyone hates the Patriots.
- Jets: Hey Denzel Mims, enjoy your career with that trash a** team
- Bills: You answered the phone when Chip Kelly called to offer you Shady for Kiko Alonso.
- Dolphins: You beat us last year with Ryan Fitzpatrick and a fake field goal.
- Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger. For plenty of reasons.
- Browns: Your fans started the whole “wearing the dog masks” thing. We perfected it.
- Ravens: Ray Lewis. Don’t like him.
- Bengals: One of the coolest uniforms in the NFL is wasted on a perennially irrelevant team.
- Texans: Jadeveon Clowney tried to decapitate Nick Foles, then speared him in the sternum in 2018.
- Jaguars: Maybe a reach, but the first time the Eagles make the Super Bowl in 24 years, back in 2005, they hold the game in a fourth-rate city that couldn’t handle 20% of the Eagles fans that invaded the town.
- Titans: Their head coach, Mike Vrabel, is a B.I.T. (Belichick In Training). Eminently hateable.
- Colts: When Andrew Luck retired at 29 due to a litany of injuries, Colts fans booed him. Heartless.
- Broncos: Eagles fans have you to thank for any success Tim Tebow had in his career. Thanks for nothing.
- Chiefs: You did with Andy Reid what he couldn’t do here. Hate you. (Congrats.)
- Raiders: Super Bowl XV.
- Chargers: You left San Diego for a town that doesn’t want or need you, then you needed Eagles fans to help you sell out a soccer stadium. Come on.