Updated: 2:40 p.m.
Receiver Alshon Jeffery and kicker Jake Elliott have both been sick this week, but are back at the NovaCare Complex on Friday as the Eagles prepare for Sunday’s game against the Texans.
There’s a little something going around the NovaCare Complex and it ain’t just Foles fever.
“It’s kind of been going around everywhere, the locker room, the coaching staff, it’s just something at this time of year,” head coach Doug Pederson said. “We get them pumped full of fluids, whatever we can and make sure they’re ready to go.”
Jeffery on Friday afternoon said he's still getting over his sickness, but will play on Sunday against the Texans.
It’s not uncommon for an illness to be spread quickly through a locker room. Think about it: it’s a room full of 60 guys who are sweating and sometimes coughing and sneezing. A lot of these guys have kids and kids are basically Petri dishes at daycare and school. It’s easy for these things to go around. A bunch of guys were sick the week heading into the Super Bowl, so it happens. The Eagles just have to get in front of it, make sure everyone is washing their hands and the like.
OUT: CB Sidney Jones (hamstring), G Isaac Seumalo (pectoral), QB Carson Wentz (back)
Questionable: LB D.J. Alexander (hamstring), DE Michael Bennett (foot), DT Timmy Jernigan (back), CB Cre'von LeBlanc (hamstring)
- Cox (hip) missed practice on Thursday, but it sounds like he’ll be good to play on Sunday. He returned to practice Friday and isn't even listed on the injury report as questionable, meaning he'll play.
“Fletcher has been a big impact for us, so we’re just resting him and making sure he’s 100 percent for the game,” Pederson said.
- Jordan Hicks (calf) is set to make his return after missing the last several games since getting hurt in New Orleans. Nigel Bradham has been pretty good in the MIKE role recently, but it sounds like Hicks will take over at his old position on Sunday.
“He is a veteran player,” Pederson said. “He’s been a starter in our defense for a couple of years. And so it wouldn’t be anything just to stick him back out there, but I think you kind of want to work him in too a little bit.”
- It also seems like Tim Jernigan might be able to return this week. He’s missed the last three games after making his season debut against the Giants. Pederson said they’re going to increase Jernigan’s reps at practice today.
- Michael Bennett (foot) has missed practice time again this week, but he’ll be good to play on Sunday. He’s not going to miss a game.
- Carson Wentz (back), Sidney Jones (hamstring) and Isaac Seumalo (pec) have missed practice all week and won’t play this weekend. Not a surprise with any of them.
Click here to download the MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games easily on your device.