Updated: 5:25 p.m.
With rain in the forecast, the Eagles moved practice indoors Thursday afternoon. They had a couple defensive starters back on the field but were missing their best defensive player.
The Eagles had a walkthrough Wednesday, so Thursday was their first real day of practice this week.
Here’s a full look at the practice report:
DNP: Michael Bennett (foot), Fletcher Cox (hip), D.J. Alexander (hamstring), Jake Elliott (illness), Alshon Jeffery (illness), Sidney Jones (hamstring), Isaac Seumalo (pec), Carson Wentz (back)
Limited: Tim Jernigan (back), Cameron Johnston (back), Cre’Von LeBlanc (hamstring)
Full: Zach Ertz (ankle), Jordan Hicks (calf), Stefen Wisniewski (thumb)
• A good sign that Jordan Hicks and Tim Jernigan were at least back on the practice field after being listed as limited in Wednesday’s walkthrough. Both were going through position drills during the portion of practice open to reporters. Getting two starters back for a huge game would obviously give this defense a boost. With Hicks' being a full participant, it looks like he should return this week.
Just not sure how much the Eagles can really rely on either on Jernigan. Jernigan hasn’t played since the Giants game, when he got out there for just 20 snaps. Those are the only 20 snaps he’s played all season. Hicks hasn’t played since hurting his calf in New Orleans; he’s missed the last four games.
• Cox was a limited participant Wednesday, so it’s probably not a great sign that he missed practice Thursday. But he was able to play through his hip injury against the Rams and the Eagles are probably just working toward getting him ready for this Sunday against the Texans.
• Elliott is sick, so Kamu Grugier-Hill tried a field goal. It didn’t go well. He nearly hit the line. Elliott and Jeffery are now sick; might be something going around.
• I wouldn’t be too worried about Bennett’s missing practice again. He hasn’t practiced much in the last few weeks because of that foot injury but has still been able to play through it on Sundays.
• It looks like Seumalo will miss his second straight week, which means Wisniewski will start again at left guard. Wiz has a wrap on his hand but should be able to play Sunday.
• LeBlanc popped up on the injury report today with the hamstring. That's something to monitor the rest of the week; he has been the Eagles' starting nickel corner.
Click here to download the new MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games easily on your device.