The Flyers have a day off the ice Tuesday.
Don't expect them to be making new friendships with their biggest rivals in the NHL's return-to-play 24-team tournament.
The Flyers are staying in Hotel X Toronto with the Bruins, Lightning, Capitals and Penguins during the tourney.
"It’s been good," Scott Laughton said last week in a video interview. "I think we’ve mostly been together, guys have been together most of the time. Not much interaction with other teams or anything like that, I think everyone’s kind of on their own schedule and different practice times and stuff, so haven’t been seeing much of the other guys. I’m sure once playoffs ramp up, I don’t think there will be many hellos. It’s been good so far and very comfortable for us. We've got a great set up here; it’s been pretty smooth for us."
The seven other Eastern Conference teams in the tourney — Hurricanes, Islanders, Maple Leafs, Blue Jackets, Panthers, Rangers and Canadiens — were assigned to the Fairmont Royal York.
The NHL knows its clubs will leave the intensity on the ice.
"We had an assignment protocol based on regular-season finish, who had more point percentage than the others," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said last Friday in an interview with NBC Sports' Liam McHugh. "At the end of the day, our players are professionals. My guess is the teams may stick more to themselves other than the relationships 1-on-1 that players have with players on other teams."
After all, the Stanley Cup is on the line and players were away from their teammates for quite some time during this pause.
"We’re finding from our players, this is the Stanley Cup Playoffs and they are competing for the Stanley Cup, and it’s their interest to be separated," NHL chief content officer and senior executive VP of events and entertainment Steve Mayer said in July just before the teams traveled to the two league bubbles. "The team lounges, the player meeting rooms, the player meal rooms, of course are team by team.
"I think there are going to be certain areas where, let’s call them common areas. For the first five days we’ve put a very, very stringent tone for the fact that they have to be separated, both in restaurants and everywhere. But we really have felt that the players’ feedback is their interest to be separated throughout, and we’ll see how that evolves as the tournament moves on."
Sports Uncovered is on all podcast platforms: click here to subscribe now!
Subscribe and rate Flyers Talk: Apple Podcasts | Google Play | Spotify | Stitcher | Art19 | YouTube
Click here to download the MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games easily on your device.
More Flyers analysis for 24-team tournament
• Costly injury comes at interesting time, creates more decisions for Flyers
• Feel good to be back? Despite possible injury, Flyers open tourney with a bang
• From lineups to big picture, everything Flyers fans need to know for round robin
• Can the Flyers go all the way? Our Stanley Cup predictions are here
• Potential heavyweight coaching matchup for Flyers in 1st round
• Flyers celebrate return of hockey with OT drama and positives in exhibition
• So, about those Penguins ... 1st-round matchup for Flyers?
• Picture collage and signs show love for Flyers as they eye Cup run in Toronto
• Couturier's goals in NHL bubble: Stanley Cup and an important baby book item
• One of the most intriguing (and favorable?) 1st-round matchup possibilities
• Could Flyers still share the wealth against Blue Jackets in 1st round?
• Would Islanders be Flyers' kryptonite if they meet in 1st round?
• Flyers announce playoff roster, have fans going crazy over shirts
• All types of Flyers odds (including the Cup) as NHL's 24-team tourney begins
• Scott 'couldn't be happier' with Flyers, but there's more action to be done
• Trust the captain, he'll know what to do if the Flyers face the Hurricanes
• No scrimmage for Hart but Flyers' goalie provides important sight
• Analyzing Hart's situation, another Flyer becomes a dad, more
• Lindblom has new contract, his comeback is on with Flyers
• Flyers-Canadiens is perfect on paper, but would it be a trap?
• What round-robin schedule change could mean for Flyers' strategy
• What happened? Voracek says calm down, he's fine ... now you know
• Key Flyer missing, buzzing rookie, don't forget Ghost and more
• The Flyers' lineup, practicing celebrations, no hiding these two and more
• A 'dangerous card' in the Flyers' hand, Giroux still wows and more
• Fans can purchase Flyers playoff shirts with new slogan
• What it was like to go back to work at Flyers practice in different times
• Analyzing the Flyers' schedule to open 24-team tournament
• 5 questions on Flyers' chances in 24-team tournament
• Predictions for Flyers' best Game 1 lineup to start 24-team playoff
• Who are the Flyers' top 5 reinforcements for 24-team tournament?
• Elliott has sweet new mask for Flyers' playoff run
• Flyers sign a player to extension at position of strength
• What to know as NHL, NHLPA finish big step, announce schedule
• Things get even better for Flyers in NHL's 24-team tournament
• Finding the Flyers' best 1st-round matchup for Hart
• Flyers have two top 50 pending UFAs; will they re-sign them?
• Everything Flyers fans need to know for NHL's 24-team tournament
• Hockey insider details Flyers’ hotel
• Bettman gives Gritty the hard truth for why he can't be in Toronto bubble
• Key dates, protocols announced as Flyers set to return