Coming off consecutive losses by a combined score of 11-4, the sliding Flyers (19-17-6) pay a visit to the Penguins (27-13-2) on Thursday.
Let's get into the essentials for the game:
- When: 7 p.m. ET with The Warm Up at 6 p.m. ET and Flyers Pregame Live at 6:15 p.m. ET
- Where: PPG Paints Arena
- Broadcast: NBC Sports Philadelphia
- Live stream: NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com and the NBC Sports MyTeams app
• Wade Allison, a 23-year-old winger who was called up to the taxi squad last weekend, took part in the Flyers' morning skate Thursday and will make his NHL debut.
Allison had been nearing the Flyers' doorstep, especially with the trade of Michael Raffl and the team falling further out of playoff contention.
The 2016 second-round draft pick missed time because of ankle surgery in late-January. He got off to a fast start with AHL affiliate Lehigh Valley, putting up four goals and five assists in eight games before being summoned to the taxi squad.
The beleaguered Flyers could use some fresh energy.
• Former Flyer Jeff Carter will make his Penguins debut tonight. The 36-year-old veteran was acquired by Pittsburgh ahead of Monday's trade deadline.
The Penguins, winners in eight of their last 10 games, are in third place of the East Division and have gone 16-3-1 at home.
• The Flyers are coming off their fifth 6-1 loss of the season. They've allowed six or more goals eight times this season. Over 69 games last season, they allowed six or more only five times.
James van Riemsdyk-Sean Couturier-Joel Farabee
Claude Giroux-Kevin Hayes-Jakub Voracek
Scott Laughton-Tanner Laczynski-Travis Konecny
Oskar Lindblom-Nolan Patrick-Wade Allison
Ivan Provorov-Justin Braun
Travis Sanheim-Robert Hagg
Shayne Gostisbehere-Philippe Myers
Subscribe to and rate Flyers Talk