Following a huge road win Wednesday over the defending champion Blues, the Flyers return home for three games before their NHL-mandated Jan. 22-30 bye week.
The stretch starts Thursday when the Flyers (25-16-6) host the Canadiens (20-21-7).
Let's get into the essentials:
• When: 7 p.m. ET with Flyers Pregame Live at 6:30 p.m. ET
• Where: Wells Fargo Center
• Broadcast: NBC Sports Philadelphia
• Live stream: NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com and the NBC Sports MyTeams app
• The Flyers have a new leading scorer.
Because of an impressive run, Sean Couturier is now first on the Flyers in points with 41, followed by Travis Konecny with 40.
Just how good has Couturier been to make this climb?
In 37 games since Oct. 29, Couturier owns 36 points (11 goals, 25 assists) and a plus-22 rating. He has been asked to play with different linemates and has made each one better.
He also leads the Flyers in even-strength scoring (33 points), is first among the team's forwards in ice time per game (20) and tied for first in shorthanded ice time per game (2:02).
Couturier continues to do it all.
• The Flyers are coming off a confidence-boosting stretch in which they went 3-1-0 against the Capitals, Lightning, Bruins and Blues. When the Flyers beat Washington, Boston and St. Louis, all three were No. 1 in the NHL standings (see story).
Now the Flyers face the Canadiens and Kings at home before welcoming the Penguins. They need to show they can bring the same effort against the lesser teams. Fans certainly want to see that.
• We'll know around 5 p.m. if Brian Elliott or Alex Lyon will start against the Canadiens. It may be wise to let Lyon make his season debut tonight and save Elliott for Saturday and Tuesday.
Alex Lyon in net tonight for his season debut.— Jordan Hall (@JHallNBCS) January 16, 2020
The last thing you need to do is overwork Elliott. He's important for the stretch run.
And as expected, Joel Farabee on Thursday was recalled to the Flyers, while Chris Stewart was loaned to AHL affiliate Lehigh Valley.
Claude Giroux-Kevin Hayes-Travis Konecny
Michael Raffl-Sean Couturier-Jakub Voracek
James van Riemsdyk-Scott Laughton-Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Joel Farabee-Connor Bunnaman-Tyler Pitlick
Ivan Provorov-Matt Niskanen
Travis Sanheim-Philippe Myers
Robert Hagg-Mark Friedman
Click here to download the MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games easily on your device.