A disappointing 2020-21 season for the Flyers (24-23-8) will reach the finish line Monday night when the club hosts the Devils (19-29-7).
Let's get into the essentials for the finale:
- When: 7 p.m. ET with The Warm Up at 6 p.m. ET and Flyers Pregame Live at 6:15 p.m. ET
- Where: Wells Fargo Center
- Broadcast: NBC Sports Philadelphia
- Live stream: NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com and the NBC Sports MyTeams app
• Brian Elliott will play what could be his final game as a Flyer. Time will tell if it's the last game of his long NHL career.
With Elliott at 36 years old and on an expiring contract, it's pretty uncertain if the Flyers and the veteran goalie will link up for a third straight one-year contract. The club has highly valued Elliott's positive influence on 22-year-old Carter Hart and his reliability in all circumstances, but this offseason feels like it could be the goodbye.
Elliott played his 500th career game last week, a moment he, his family and the organization soaked in together. Elliott could absolutely get a job this offseason, but at this stage of his career, will he want to go elsewhere for what would presumably be another one-year contract?
In his four-year Flyers career, Elliott has gone 64-38-14 with a 2.87 goals-against average, .902 save percentage and six shutouts.
• The Flyers were officially eliminated from playoff contention on April 29. They have not made the playoffs in consecutive seasons since the 2010-11 and 2011-12 campaigns.
The Flyers have gone 3-4-0 against the Devils this season. New Jersey has outscored them 26-22.
• For Flyers fans attending tonight's game:
Claude Giroux-Sean Couturier-Travis Konecny
Joel Farabee-Kevin Hayes-Wade Allison
James van Riemsdyk-Scott Laughton-Jakub Voracek
Oskar Lindblom-Nolan Patrick-Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Ivan Provorov-Travis Sanheim
Cam York-Justin Braun
Shayne Gostisbehere-Philippe Myers
Subscribe to and rate Flyers Talk