Desperate for a win, the Flyers play their next three games in four days, all on the road.
The stretch starts Wednesday when the Flyers (8-11-4) visit the Devils (9-9-5).
Let's get into the essentials for the game:
- When: 7 p.m. ET with The Warm Up at 6 p.m. ET and Flyers Pregame Live at 6:15 p.m. ET
- Where: Prudential Center
- Broadcast: NBC Sports Philadelphia
- Live stream: NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com and the NBC Sports MyTeams app
• The Flyers' losing streak stands at nine games (0-7-2), a skid in which they've been outscored 43-18.
They are in danger of hitting double digits Wednesday night. The last time the Flyers lost 10 consecutive games was the 2017-18 season. They went 0-5-5 from Nov. 11 to Dec. 2 but went on to finish with a 98-point season and a playoff berth.
Before that, the Flyers' previous worst losing streak was also a 10-gamer in 2007-08. They went 0-8-2 from Feb. 6-23. Ironically, they also made the playoffs that season, running all the way to the Eastern Conference Final.
The last time the Flyers went more than 10 games without a win was the 1998-99 season. They had a 12-game streak in which they recorded eight losses and four ties.
• The Flyers are expected to see an important piece return to their lineup in Derick Brassard.
The 34-year-old forward missed the Flyers' last six games because of a lower-body injury. Brassard has 11 points (four goals, seven assists) and a plus-8 rating in 17 games.
• As the Flyers try to snap their skid, Carter Hart will look to get back on track.
In his last outing, he was pulled for the first time this season. Hart surrendered five goals on 15 shots in the Flyers' 7-1 loss to the Lightning, which was Alain Vigneault's last game as head coach.
The 23-year-old goalie is 0-4-1 in his last five games with a 4.67 goals-against average and an .855 save percentage.
Hart has good career numbers against New Jersey: 3-2-0, 2.20 goals-against average and .923 save percentage.
• Below is the projected lineup, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer's Olivia Reiner.
Oskar Lindblom-Sean Couturier-Travis Konecny
Scott Laughton-Kevin Hayes-Cam Atkinson
Morgan Frost-Claude Giroux-James van Riemsdyk
Derick Brassard-Patrick Brown-Zack MacEwen
Ivan Provorov-Justin Braun
Travis Sanheim-Rasmus Ristolainen
Keith Yandle-Nick Seeler
Subscribe to and rate Flyers Talk
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Art19 | YouTube