The Islanders have not lost consecutive games in the NHL's return-to-play 24-team tournament.
The Flyers must change that if they want to force a Game 7 in their best-of-seven second-round playoff series against New York.
The opportunity presents itself Thursday as the Flyers and Islanders meet in Game 6.
Let's get into the essentials:
• When: 7 p.m. ET with Flyers Pregame Live at 6 p.m. ET on NBCSP
• Where: Scotiabank Arena
• Broadcast: NBCSN
• Live stream: NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com and the NBC Sports MyTeams app
• The Flyers are playing in their first second-round series since 2012. The last time they played in a Game 6 of a second-round series was 2010, when they stormed back from a 3-0 series deficit to stun the Bruins over seven games.
The Flyers beat the Bruins, 2-1, in that Game 6 at the then-Wachovia Center as Danny Briere scored the game-winning goal in the second period.
Claude Giroux was in his first full NHL season with the Flyers and James van Riemsdyk was a rookie on that club (see story).
Both Giroux and van Riemsdyk scored their first goals of these playoffs in the Flyers' 4-3 OT Game 5 win over the Islanders on Tuesday (see observations).
• While the Flyers might not have Sean Couturier (undisclosed injury), they could get the return of Michael Raffl, who has taken part in morning skate Tuesday and Thursday.
Raffl has sat out the last three games. It's uncertain if Raffl is dealing with any ailments.
The key role forward with size and puck-protection ability missed four games earlier in the tournament because of a lower-body injury. He briefly departed Game 1 of this series before returning to the ice not long after being checked on the bench by Flyers director of sports medicine Jim McCrossin.
• If the Flyers don't have Couturier, replacing his responsibilities will be a tall task (see story).
"Nobody can replace Coots," Flyers head coach Alain Vigneault said Thursday in a video interview. "Coots is obviously one of the best two-way centers in the league, plays that 200-foot game, he’s very dependable and trustworthy."
Scott Laughton-Claude Giroux-Jakub Voracek
Joel Farabee-Kevin Hayes-Tyler Pitlick
James van Riemsdyk-Derek Grant-Travis Konecny
Michael Raffl-Nate Thompson-Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Ivan Provorov-Matt Niskanen
Travis Sanheim-Philippe Myers
Robert Hagg-Justin Braun