Following a 10-day stretch without a game, the Flyers return from the holiday break by making their first-ever trip to Seattle's Climate Pledge Arena.
The Flyers (12-12-5) start a four-game West Coast road swing Wednesday when they visit the Kraken (10-17-3).
Let's get into the essentials for the game:
- When: 10 p.m. ET with Flyers Pregame Live at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Climate Pledge Arena
- Broadcast: NBC Sports Philadelphia
- Live stream: NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com and the NBC Sports MyTeams app
• Without Carter Hart, Sean Couturier, Scott Laughton and Derick Brassard, the Flyers are trying to keep their momentum from a season-best five-game point streak (4-0-1). All four players are in the NHL's COVID protocol.
"It's easy to have distractions when guys go down with COVID," Claude Giroux said Monday. "But you look around the league, a lot of teams are missing players. It can't be an excuse right now. We've got to stay focused on how we want to play as a team and that's the bottom line."
Because of two postponements ahead of the NHL-mandated holiday break, the Flyers haven't played since Dec. 18, when they beat the Senators, 4-3, in overtime.
"We've got a group that's really trying to work, to continue to build and grow," Flyers interim head coach Mike Yeo said Monday. "We want to carry on that momentum that we had going into the break. We're starting to develop some confidence in our game and some areas of our game that we really feel that we can take some steps."
• The Flyers are in the same boat as many other clubs across the NHL, including the Kraken. Seattle also hasn't played since Dec. 18.
Per Marisa Ingemi of the Seattle Times, the Kraken have had 12 players enter COVID protocol this season.
Seattle also recently lost Brandon Tanev, its third-leading goal scorer, to a season-ending ACL injury.
The Kraken are 6-9-1 at Climate Pledge Arena, which opened in October.
• In their first-ever meeting back on Oct. 18, the Flyers rolled Seattle, 6-1, at the Wells Fargo Center.
Two players that were right in the thick of a testy game — Nate Thompson and Nathan Bastian — won't take part in the rematch. Thompson is out with a shoulder injury and Bastian is now on the Devils.
Oskar Lindblom-Claude Giroux-Cam Atkinson
Joel Farabee-Kevin Hayes-Travis Konecny
James van Riemsdyk-Morgan Frost-Gerry Mayhew
Max Willman-Patrick Brown-Zack MacEwen
Ivan Provorov-Justin Braun
Travis Sanheim-Rasmus Ristolainen
Keith Yandle-Kevin Connauton
Subscribe to and rate Flyers Talk