Before this week begins, it’s time for our weekly check-in on the Flyers’ prospects.
Morgan Frost, C, 18, 5-11/172, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
It was only a matter of when and when came last Friday.
Frost joined the century club with his 38th goal of the season against Sarnia.
The 18-year-old became just the second Greyhounds player to crack 100 points in the past 20 years. The other? Yep, you guessed it, former Flyer Nick Cousins.
While Frost no longer leads the OHL in scoring or assists, he remains among the leaders. He has 38 goals (fourth), 64 assists (second), 102 points (second) and a plus-64 rating, tops in the league. He’s failed to reach a point just nine times in 61 games.
Isaac Ratcliffe, LW, 19, 6-6/205, Guelph (OHL)
Ratcliffe, another member of the 2017 draft class, along with Frost and Nolan Patrick (yeah, he’s pretty good too), recorded his second hat trick of the season Friday.
The hulking left winger struck thrice in the third period as Guelph stormed back against Flint before losing, 6-5, in overtime. Two of Ratcliffe’s three goals came on power plays.
He added a goal and an assist both Saturday and Sunday to finish off a seven-point week.
Mikhail Vorobyev, C, 21, 6-2/207, Lehigh Valley (AHL)
Points were aplenty last weekend for several Phantoms, including Vorobyev.
Vorobyev had two goals and two assists in Lehigh Valley’s back-to-back-to-back weekend. The Russian scooped up an assist Friday in the Phantoms’ wild 7-6 win over Hershey, added a goal and an assist Saturday in a 4-0 win over Binghamton and then a goal Sunday.
The 21-year-old’s helper Saturday came just as a power play expired, banking a pass off Phil Varone’s stick and into the net, showcasing his vision and playmaking ability.
• Felix Sandstrom made his HV71 debut last Thursday, his first SHL action since Oct. 26, turning away 30 of 31 shots vs. Skelleftea. He was marked for four goals Saturday.
• Philippe Myers had a goal and an assist Friday vs. Hershey.
But on Saturday, he picked up four more penalty minutes with two more minors. Then another one Sunday. That’s now 14 minors in his past 17 games.
• Weekly Carter Hart is good update: He stopped 39 of 42 shots, picked up three more wins — streak at five — and has allowed more than two goals just six times this season.
• Kelowna’s Carsen Twarynski hit the 40-goal mark Saturday to cap off a three-point week. Twarynski scored one of the Rockets’ two goals against Hart on Friday.
• Pascal Laberge's point streak reached six games with an assist Saturday for Quebec and a goal Sunday. Laberge has nine points during his streak.
• Michigan, with Cooper Marody and Brendan Warren, swept Wisconsin to advance to the Big Ten Tournament semifinals against Tanner Laczynski and Ohio State.
The Wolverines and Buckeyes will face Saturday.