The Flyers face a massive opportunity to strengthen their playoff chances.
The opportunity starts Tuesday night as the Flyers (32-20-7) host the Blue Jackets (30-18-12).
Let's get into the essentials:
• When: 7 p.m. ET with Flyers Pregame Live at 6:30 p.m. ET
• Where: Wells Fargo Center
• Broadcast: NBC Sports Philadelphia
• Live stream: NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com and the NBC Sports MyTeams app
• The Flyers hold the Eastern Conference's second wild-card spot, are one point out of the first wild-card bid and one point behind the Islanders, who sit in third place of the Metropolitan Division.
What makes this week so important for the Flyers is that they can leapfrog the Blue Jackets and create some cushion while doing so as they play a home-and-home set with Columbus. The Blue Jackets, who are atop the wild card, have lost five straight (0-2-3) and are missing one of their best players, welcome the Flyers Thursday (7 p.m. ET/NBCSP).
The Flyers have a game in hand on Columbus and a 67.6 percent chance to make the playoffs, according to Hockey-Reference.com, while the Blue Jackets are down to 48.9 percent.
After their meetings with Columbus, the Flyers host the Jets Saturday (1 p.m. ET/NBCSP), who are not in playoff position.
• The Flyers are coming off a 5-3 loss Saturday to the Lightning, the NHL's hottest team with 11 straight wins.
The good thing for the Flyers is they haven't dropped consecutive games since Jan. 4-7. In games after their previous six losses, the Flyers are 6-0-0 and have outscored the opposition 31-15.
• The Blue Jackets allow the NHL's second-fewest goals per game at 2.45. However, they've allowed 10 markers in two matchups with the Flyers, tied for their most surrendered against any opponent this season.
The Flyers are 6-0-2 against the Capitals, Hurricanes and Blue Jackets this season.— Jordan Hall (@JHallNBCS) February 18, 2020
Last season, they were 0-10-2 against the Capitals, Hurricanes and Blue Jackets.
Home-and-home set vs. Blue Jackets this week will finish regular-season series vs. CBJ.
Claude Giroux-Sean Couturier-Jakub Voracek
Joel Farabee-Kevin Hayes-Travis Konecny
James van Riemsdyk-Scott Laughton-Tyler Pitlick
Michael Raffl-Connor Bunnaman-Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Ivan Provorov-Matt Niskanen
Travis Sanheim-Philippe Myers
Robert Hagg-Justin Braun
Click here to download the MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games easily on your device.