The Flyers’ full 2018-19 schedule is finally here.
We already knew the orange and the black would open their season in Vegas on Thursday, Oct. 4, with the home opener coming vs. the Sharks on Tuesday, Oct. 9, at the Wells Fargo Center (see story).
But there are some juicy new tidbits here, including the previously announced Stadium Series game vs. the Penguins at the Linc on Saturday, Feb. 23. Some dates to circle:
• The Flyers' annual holiday road trip is from Dec. 23-Jan. 1. It features five games coming against the Rangers, Lightning, Panthers, Hurricanes and Predators.
• As we've seen with the Flyers, the final few games of the regular season tend to have massive importance. This year, the team has a pair of Western Conference road games against the Stars and Blues before the regular-season finale at home against the Hurricanes (see full breakdown).
• You always want to know when you can first get a taste of the Flyers-Penguins rivalry. The team's first game against Pittsburgh comes on the road Dec. 1. Flyers fans will have to wait until Feb. 11 for the Penguins to visit the Wells Fargo Center.
• The Flyers don't see the defending champions until Jan. 8 when they visit the Capitals. Washington doesn't come to the Wells Fargo Center until March 6.
• Looking for a lengthy stretch of home games? The Flyers' longest homestand is five games — there are two of them from Nov. 8-17 and Feb. 2-11.
Check out the full schedule here.