Prior to Kyle Kendrick's most recent start against the Atlanta Braves last week, we pointed out what solid numbers he had against the Bravo historically and all he did was go out and get completely lit up by them just a few hours later.
So, we're not going to tell you the solid numbers he's put up in eight outings against the Marlins and instead point out he's 2-8 with a 5.01 ERA as a starter this season. Go check out CSN's "what you need to know" for more on that.
KK (4-9, 4.86) will face right-hander Josh Johnson (7-8, 3.88) tonight at Marlins Park.
Kratzheads will be saddened to learn that their folk hero has the night off and will be replaced by Brian Schneider behind the dish. Kratz has been one of the more fun story lines to come out of this team during the bleak summer. Who'dathunk we'd notice when he wasn't in the lineup?
With tonight's start at shortstop, Jimmy Rollins will become the all-time leader in games played at the position for the Fightin' Phils. He'll pass Larry Bowa who played short for Philadelphia in 1,730 games. Rollins (1,748) will trail only Richie Ashburn (1,794) and Mike Schmidt (2,404) for games played at any position in franchise history.
Another 7:10 start time from Miami. Let's hope for more reports from the pool at the Clevelander.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
This is taking food delivery a bit too far.
A woman suffered facial injuries when the Phillie Phanatic fired a hot dog into the crowd with his cannon during Monday night’s game at Citizens Bank Park.
“And then the next thing I know he shot it in our direction, and bam! It hit me like a ton of bricks. My glasses flew,” Kathy McVay, a Plymouth Meeting resident, told 6 ABC’s Sarah Bloomquist about the incident.
McVay said she went to a hospital and underwent a CAT scan to make sure that she didn't suffer a concussion.
“I have a small hematoma in my eye,” McVay said. “And mostly, it's going to get worse before it gets better. It's going to go down the side of my face.”
Per the report, the Phillies did reach out to McVay to apologize and “the Phanatic feels terrible about what happened” (although we’re not exactly sure how he explained that sentiment).
To her credit, McVay understands the ridiculous nature of her injury and is taking it all in stride.
“It gives people a good laugh, and if that makes somebody chuckle, then that's fine,” she said.
Now that people know she’s OK, McVay can bank on people getting a decent laugh out of this one.