MyTeams by NBC Sports FAQs
Q: Where can I download this??
Q: Having trouble?
- A: For help with: The MyTeams by NBC Sports app contact: email@example.com
Q: What do I need to watch video on MyTeams by NBC Sports?
- A: In order to watch video, you must have a mobile, or tablet device running its latest operating system. Most live streaming content is only available to authenticated cable/satellite/telco/digital provider customers via TV Everywhere, in their local area. Video clips are viewable free of charge.
Q: Why do I need a cable package to watch most NBC Sports Regional content?
- A: Authentication supports our ongoing investment in sports programming for all of our platforms and is consistent with industry trends. Digital platforms require significant investment, and authentication allows us to capture the value of that investment. This allows us to provide cable/satellite/telco customers with high-quality sports coverage at no additional cost.
Q: What's the difference between NBC Sports Regional, NBC Sports, and NBC Sports Gold?
- A: MyTeams by NBC Sports provides local, regional, live game and 24/7 streams and is available to customers via TV Everywhere (requires a cable package). NBC Sports provides national stream coverage, and NBC Sports Gold is a standalone streaming service that is purchased online directly from NBC Sports Group, and does not require a cable TV package.
Q: Is video on MyTeams available in HD?
- A: Yes, our video content is available in HD.
Q: Can I watch video on MyTeams outside of the United States or outside of my local area?
- A: Due to broadcasting regulations, NBC Sports content is only available in the United States and its territories and only within your local area.
Q: Can I watch the video in full screen?
- A: Yes, you can rotate your phone horizontally (landscape) while video is playing to watch in full screen, rotate back to vertical (portrait) to switch back.
Q: What do I do when if video doesn't start, shows a spinner, black screen, or an error message?
- A: Try the following steps:
- 1. Check your network connection by using a different app
- 2. Log out and then log back in
- 3. Force close the app then restart it again
- 4. Uninstall the app then re-install it from your device's app store
Q: Why can't I hear any audio?
- A: Try the following steps:
- 1. Adjust the volume control on your device.
- 2. Adjust the volume control located in the lower left corner of the player.
Q: The video on my device keeps buffering or is of poor quality. How can I fix this?
- A: Watching video is available via a 3G or 4G/LTE connection, but to experience the highest quality video experience, connect to a WiFi network. You can also improve your video quality by making sure you have the latest operating system installed on your device.
Q: When I open MyTeams, an error message displays saying I do not have a data connection. What does this mean?
- A: Make sure you are connected to a 3G, 4G/LTE, or WiFi network. You can check the status of your connection within your device's settings. Note: If your device is in Airplane Mode, you will not have a data connection and will need to turn the setting off.
NBC Sports App FAQ
Q: How can I stream MLB/NBA/NHL games?
A: If you are an NBC Sports Regional Network subscriber via a participating video provider, and reside in an area where you are able to view in-market MLB/NBA/NHL games on your NBC Sports Regional Network channel, you will be able to access content on the respective local NBC Sports Regional Network sites on PCs as well as on the NBC Sports app (TV Everywhere). If your provider has not yet entered into an agreement with your NBC Sports Regional Network to make TV Everywhere available, you will not be able to authenticate and stream the content. Please call your participating provider if you are not able to access the stream of the game via your respective local NBC Sports Regional Network site on PCs or the NBC Sports app.
Q: How do I verify/authenticate my video provider account?
A: If you are an NBC Sports Regional Network subscriber via a participating video provider, when prompted, select your video provider from the drop-down menu. You will then be asked to enter your username and password for your provider, similar to when you pay your bill online. Don't forget to check "remember me" so you don't have to log in again. If you don't have an online account with your video provider, or can't remember your username and password, please contact your video provider to learn more. If you already have a username and password from your video provider, you will not need to create a new account. If you have not previously registered an account with your video provider, you will need to do so with a valid email address. Please contact your video provider to learn more.
Q: What if I forgot my username and/or password?
A: Most video providers offer a simple way to retrieve or reset your password. Please contact your video provider to learn more.
Q: Why isn't my video provider listed?
A: We are actively working to add additional video providers so that all NBC Sports Regional Network viewers have access to TV Everywhere. If your provider is not listed, please contact your provider and express your interest in receiving this service. Check back regularly to see if your provider has been added to the list of participating distributors.
Q: What is the cost of this service?
A: This service being provided at no additional charge to NBC Sports Regional Network subscribers and is an added value via participating video providers.
Q: What is the NBC Sports app?
A: The NBC Sports app is NBC Sports Group’s live streaming platform for desktops, mobile devices, tablets and connected TVs.
Q: Can I access MLB/NBA/NHL games via a connected TV device?
A: Yes. Live streams of MLB/NBA/NHL games on NBC Sports Regional Networks are available via the NBC Sports app on connected TV devices after first authenticating your subscription. The NBC Sports app is powered by Playmaker Media and is available on Apple iOS, Android and select Samsung devices, as well as on Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Win10 and Xbox.
Q: Can I stream NBA/NHL games while I’m out of town?
A: Yes. You will be permitted to access NBA and NHL content on PCs as well as on the NBC Sports app when traveling out of your home market, provided you are in the continental U.S.
Q: Can I stream MLB games while I’m out of town?
A: We’re working on this functionality and hope to have out-of-market streaming available to subscribers by mid-season.
Q: Why am I blacked out of my MLB/NBA/NHL game via TV Everywhere?
A: Just as with televised MLB/NBA/NHL games on NBC Sports Regional Networks, availability of games via TV Everywhere is subject to territorial blackout restrictions.
Q: I am at work, in my local market on a desktop computer, but am blacked out?
A: In some instances, such as at work, some networks utilize a shared, out-of-state wireless or internet service provider. In this instance, your desktop is registered as out of state given the internet ISP is based out-of-state. As a result, your desktop will be blacked out, as our games are subject to territory blackouts.
Q: Will NBC Sports Regional Networks or the NBC Sports app have access to my personal information when I subscribe to this service and authenticate via my video provider?
Q: Is NBC Sports Regional Network or NBC Sports content available without a video provider subscription?
A: Yes, you can continue to www.nbcsports.com or your regional network’s websites to access certain event clips, highlights, and expert commentary without a video provider subscription.