Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
The Philadelphia area is known for its blue-collar, no-quit mentality.
And that includes everyone — people of all ages.
On Jan. 9, for the 10th straight year, NBC Sports Philadelphia will celebrate children overcoming amazing odds at birth with the annual Shining Star Awards benefitting the March of Dimes.
The event will recognize six children with the help of members from the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers, Flyers and Union, while the gala dinner will raise money to support the March of Dimes mission to lead the fight for the health of all moms and babies.
The inspiring children below will get the chance to enjoy a special experience with a Philly athlete to celebrate their incredible stories against odds:
• Claudia Farrant, age 8 of Philadelphia, honored by the Phillies’ Roman Quinn.
• Raylan and Westen Baldissero, age 6 of Bridgeton, New Jersey, honored by the Union’s Mark McKenzie.
• Brynn Gray, age 7 of Wilmington, Delaware, honored by the Eagles’ Nelson Agholor.
• Mikhi Gindraw, age 10 of Philadelphia, honored by the Sixers’ Kyle O’Quinn.
• Nathan Ponden, age 12 of Townsend, Delaware, honored by the Flyers’ Shayne Gostisbehere.
The players will present the Shining Star Award to each child on Jan. 9 at the 10th anniversary gala.
For tickets, sponsorship opportunities and more on the event, click right here.