PHILADELPHIA- (October 18, 2018) – NBC Sports Philadelphia, the home of the Authentic Fan - is launching "Sixers Outsiders" - a new, interactive program for Sixers fans, by Sixers fans. Hosts Tyrone Johnson and Krystle Rich – both huge fans - will provide their own unique take on that night's game, with interaction on social media. "Sixers Outsiders" makes its debut on Saturday, October 20 immediately following "Sixers Postgame Live" on NBC Sports Philadelphia and the MyTeams by NBC Sports App.
During "Sixers Outsiders" Johnson (@TyJohnsonNews) and Rich (@KrystleRich) will provide viewers with the hottest takes, insightful analysis, and spirited commentary with interaction from fellow fans on social media. Fans can get a sneak peak of their new show this Thursday, October 18 during "Sixers Postgame Live."
Hear from the Sixers Outsiders on nbcsportsphiladelphia.com.
Johnson is currently the producer for The Mike Missanelli Show which is simulcast on NBC Sports Philadelphia. He previously produced the nationally syndicated Buck Sexton Show for iHeartMedia. In addition to his previous work at 97.5, Tyrone's other experience includes time spent at Wall Street Journal Radio, New Jersey 101.5 and WHYY-FM/Philadelphia.
Rich, a South Jersey native, is coming from Los Angeles, California where she served as a Sports Reporter for Time Warner Cable Network (now Spectrum SportsNet). She produced her own 30-minute show and reported on professional athletes and famous influencers. Rich is also a two-time award winning producer for the NFL Network/Digital Media in L.A. Rich also worked on shows like "NFL Fantasy Live."
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
PHILADELPHIA – February 20, 2020 – NBC Sports Philadelphia continues to deliver record viewership of the Philadelphia 76ers. At the All-Star break, all Sixers programs including game ratings, Sixers Pregame Live, Sixers Postgame Live, Sixers Outsiders and streaming are all up over the same time last season. The team returns to NBC Sports Philadelphia on Monday, February 24 against the Atlanta Hawks at 7 pm. In addition to the game broadcast, NBC Sports Philadelphia+ will air the sports-betting focused BetCast that evening.
Sixers Rating Highlights:
- With a 3.3 HH Rating through the All-Star break, the 76ers are on pace for their highest-rated season on record.
- The 3.3 HH Rating is up 19%, compared to the same point in 2018-19, the team’s previous high.
- Through 48 games on NBC Sports Philadelphia, the Sixers have ranked in the top 5 in the market for all 48 games. Additionally, 63% of games (30 games) ranked in the top 3 in the market.
- With 19.9K uniques per game, the 2019-20 season is also on pace to be the most-streamed 76ers season ever in terms of uniques, up +12% vs. last season, the previous record.
- All 76ers programming is seeing increases season-over-season.
- Sixers Pregame Live is averaging a 0.53 HH Rating, up +2% versus last season.
- Sixers Postgame Live is delivering a 1.20 HH Rating, up +18% over 2018-19.
- Sixers Outsiders is averaging a 0.54 HH Rating, up +24% versus last season.
The Sixers return to NBC Sports Philadelphia on Monday, February 24 against the Atlanta Hawks. Marc Zumoff, Alaa Abdelnaby and Serena Winters will call the game on NBC Sports Philadelphia beginning at 7 pm, while over on NBC Sports Philadelphia+ Marc Farzetta, Brad Feinberg and Anthony Gargano will provide commentary for the sports betting focused BetCast.
NBC SPORTS PHILADELPHIA