The Soul, along with the five other AFL teams, are ceasing local operations, Ron Jaworski confirmed to NBC Sports Philadelphia's John Clark on Tuesday night.
Jaworski, a part of the Soul's ownership group, said in a statement:
We are ceasing local business operations as we restructure. The Soul and the AFL are not ceasing operations as we explore other options. All operations are running through the AFL office.
The Times Union first reported the story.
Below is a section from the report:
The league has yet to determine whether it will suspend operations completely.
Coaches, front-office staff and the players union were informed Tuesday afternoon of the league’s decision to shut down team services in individual markets. The AFL is seeking a path for financial solvency, a verdict that is said to be forthcoming.
The Soul joined the AFL in 2004 and won back-to-back championships in 2016 and 2017.
The team, which plays its home games at the Wells Fargo Center, has three league titles overall and had an average attendance of 9,239 fans in 2018.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
7:30 p.m. on NBCSP+ — Flyers at Senators (Postgame Live follows)
• Live stream
• Live stats
8 p.m. on NBCSP — Sixers at Thunder (Postgame Live follows)
• Live stream
• Live stats