Dave Dombrowski took questions for about 50 minutes Friday afternoon as he was introduced as the Phillies’ first-ever president of baseball operations.
It’s 2020, so the session took place over Zoom with Dombrowski in Nashville, where he’d been since September with a group trying to bring Major League Baseball to the city.
Many big-picture topics came up, such as:
- How much the Phillies might spend this offseason
- Dombrowski’s philosophies building an organization
- His priorities when trading prospects
- The structure of the Phillies’ front office under him
- Moves he’s regretted
- Thoughts on his reputation
- His opinion of Joe Girardi
If you missed it live, you can check out the full press conference here on YouTube.