American sports were on pause this time last year due to the coronavirus pandemic, but this Memorial Day weekend is loaded with games for Philly sports fans to enjoy.
The Philadelphia Phillies continue their road trip with day baseball against the Tampa Bay Rays and Cincinnati Reds, while the Philadelphia Sixers aim to close out their first-round NBA playoff series against the Washington Wizards.
Here’s the Philadelphia Phillies’ schedule and how to watch this weekend:
- Saturday, May 29: Phillies at Rays, 1:10 p.m. ET (NBC Sports Philadelphia)
- Sunday, May 30: Phillies at Rays, 1:10 p.m. ET (NBC Sports Philadelphia)
- Monday, May 31: Phillies at Reds, 2:10 p.m. ET (NBC Sports Philadelphia)
Here’s when and how to watch the Philadelphia Sixers this weekend:
- Game 3: Saturday, May 29 | Sixers at Wizards, 7 p.m. ET (NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Washington, ESPN)
- Game 4: Monday, May 31 | Sixers at Wizards, 7 p.m. ET (NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Washington, TNT)
If the Wizards win either Game 3 or 4, the Sixers will host Game 5 back at the Wells Fargo Center on Wednesday, June 2.
What are the best NBA games to watch Memorial Day weekend?
The Sixers are on a collision course with the winner of the first-round series between the No. 4 New York Knicks and the No. 5 Atlanta Hawks. Trae Young and the Hawks won Game 1 at Madison Square Garden while Derrick Rose and the Knicks evened the series in Game 2. The Hawks emerged from Game 3 with a 2-1 series lead.
- Game 4: Sunday, May 30 | Knicks at Hawks, 1 p.m. ET (ABC)
The division rival Boston Celtics punched back against the Brooklyn Nets in Game 3, but Brooklyn is still in position to knock the Sixers’ hated rivals out of the playoffs. If the Nets win Game 4, they will have the chance to clinch the series in Game 5 on Tuesday, June 1.
- Game 4: Sunday, May 30 | Nets at Celtics, 7 p.m. ET (NBC Sports Boston, TNT)
Out West, Doc Rivers’ old team, the Los Angeles Clippers, got a crucial win in Dallas Friday night after dropping Games 1 and 2 at home to the Mavericks. Kawhi Leonard, Paul George and Co. will have to win another road game in Luka Doncic’s house to even up the series heading into a Game 5 on Wednesday, June 2.
- Game 4: Sunday, May 30 | Clippers at Mavericks, 9:30 p.m. ET (TNT)
What are the best NHL games to watch Memorial Day weekend?
Only two teams from the Philadelphia Flyers’ division are left in the playoffs. The Boston Bruins took down the Washington Capitals in a five-game first-round beatdown while the New York Islanders knocked out the Pittsburgh Penguins in six games. The B’s and Isles will now square off in the second round to determine the true king of the East Division.
- Game 1: Saturday, May 29 | Islanders at Bruins, 8 p.m. ET (NBC)
Up in the North Division, former Flyer Wayne Simmonds and the Toronto Maple Leafs are on the verge of the second round. Toronto has a 3-2 series lead over the Montreal Canadiens, and the winner will go on to face the Winnipeg Jets in the second round. A potential Game 7 would take place on Monday.
- Game 6: Saturday, May 29 | Maple Leafs at Canadiens, 7:30 p.m. ET (NBCSN)