Eagles kicker Jake Elliott got a new contract Wednesday, which is a great excuse for us to bring out some kicker stats.
Let's take a look at five Elliott stats you won't find anywhere else.
• Elliott has made 86.8 percent of his kicks in his three-year career, 5th-highest in NFL history among kickers who have attempted at least 50 field goals. He began this season 24th at 83.9 percent, but by making all 14 of his attempts so far, he's moved up 19 spots over the past 11 weeks.
Here’s the all-time top-5:
90.5 — Justin Tucker (257-284)
88.7 — Harrison Butker (86-97)
87.7— Josh Lambo (114-130)
87.4 — Stephen Gostkowski (374-428)
86.8 — Jake Elliott (66-76)
• Elliott is the NFL’s only kicker who hasn’t missed this year. He’s 14-for-14 on field goal attempts, the longest season-opening streak in Eagles history. The previous record was set by David Akers, who made his first 12 in 2003 before missing a 55-yarder against the Jets. The next-longest streak by an Eagles kicker belongs to Eddie Murray, who made his first nine attempts in 1994. Going back to last year, Elliott has made 18 straight field goals. He’s four short of the franchise record of 22, set in 2012 by Alex Henery.
• If Elliott makes at least two more field goals this year and doesn’t have any misses, he would become only the fifth kicker in NFL history to attempt at least 16 field goals without a miss. Here are the first four:
37-for-37 — Mike Vanderjagt (Colts, 2003])
35-for-35 — Gary Anderson (Vikings, 1998)
17-for-17 — Jeff Wilkins (Rams, 2000)
17-for-17 — Tony Zendejas (Rams, 1991)
• Elliott is only 24 years old but already has made the 8th-most field goals in Eagles history. Here’s the top-10:
294-357 (82.4 percent) — David Akers
91-124 (73.4 percent) — Paul McFadden
90-153 (58.8 percent) — Sam Baker
81-108 (75.0 percent) — Roger Ruzek
80-128 (62.5 percent) — Tony Franklin
74-86 (86.0 percent) — Alex Henery
66-108 (61.1 percent) — Tom Dempsey
66-76 (86.8 percent) — Jake Elliott
56-66 (84.8 percent) — Caleb Sturgis
47-59 (79.7 percent) — Gary Anderson
• Elliott needs 16 points over the last five games to have the distinction of scoring the most points ever by an Eagle before his 25th birthday. Right now, that honor belongs to McFadden, who scored 306. Franklin (302) and LeSean McCoy (296) are just behind. Elliott is at 291 points.
Hitting the road this week, or wasting away on the couch in a food coma? The perfect time to binge your favorite NBC Sports Philadelphia podcast! Click here for more.