The Eagles are 4-4 and injury-riddled. They've blown two easy wins. The Phillies collapsed down the stretch, didn't fire Matt Klentak or Gabe Kapler, and have now not won the World Series in ten years.
The Flyers are a disaster, and the Sixers want us to be excited because last year's #1 overall draft pick sometimes hits one three-pointer per game. And after those two losses, I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a Penn State football coach.
It has been, with only a couple of exceptions, the worst year ever in Philadelphia sports.
Yes, I know what you're going to say. Didn't the Eagles win the Super Bowl just nine months ago? Didn't Villanova win the national championship just seven months ago?
Frankly, I'm sick of hearing these arguments all the time. Stop being complacent! Stop living in the past! What's the point of even being a fan, if we're constantly thinking about last year?
But then Tuesday, we got the worst news of all: WIP has cancelled Wing Bowl.
Sure, the Eagles traded for Golden Tate. But obviously, that was merely a distraction from the Wing Bowl news.
I don't know what I'll miss most about Wing Bowl. The costumes? The girls? The vomiting? The in-studio eating stunts, which resulted in some of the best radio of all time? The strip club after-parties that start at 10 a.m. on a weekday? All of that, gone forever. Where am I supposed to go to drink at 6 in the morning on the Friday before the Super Bowl? Home?
We'll always have our memories. El Wingador's run. Kobayashi's debut. The time they kept showing the video of Chris Christie falling out of his chair.
But I wasn't ready for this. It's hard to believe that I'll never again get to make a McNabb joke the first time a Wing Bowl contender vomits.
Other Philly sports takes:
• Do you know why the Phillies blew it down the stretch? Analytics. Do you know why the Eagles have disappointed so far this year? Analytics. Do you why WIP got rid of Wing Bowl? You guessed it, analytics.
• Congrats to the Red Sox, on Boston's first- and only- sports championship in 2018.
• My Phillies offseason plan: 1) Sign Harper, Machado and Kershaw. 2) Trade Odubel Herrera and Carlos Santana for Mike Trout. 3) Fire Gabe Kapler and hire Lenny Dykstra.
• So the Flyers have a team that isn't as exciting as their mascot? So what. That's been true of the Phillies for 35 of the last 40 years.
• This Sixers season, the most important question to ask is: Joel Embiid or Ben Simmons? It's absolutely necessary for us to pit the two of them against each other and choose one, and whichever of them wins, pit him against Carson Wentz.
Follow @FakeWIPCaller on Twitter.
Click here to download the new MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games easily on your device.