From Prague, with love: Klinsmann previews USA’s friendly vs. Czech Republic
On Wednesday the U.S. national team will take to the field for the first time since the World Cup.
Jurgen Klinsmann’s young squad face the Czech Republic at the Generali Arena in Prague, as the cycle for the 2018 World Cup begins.
[WATCH: USA vs. Czech Rep. – Live on NBCSN]
Speaking to reporters assembled in the Czech capital, Klinsmann spoke about a variety of topics regarding the USA. Below are a few of the key points Klinsmann made.
Don’t forget, you can watch USA vs. Czech Republic live on NBCSN from 2 p.m. ET on Wednesday and stream it online right here.
Notes from Klinsmann’s pre-match press conference
- Confirmed Jozy Altidore will captain the side on Wednesday in absence of Clint Dempsey
- Bemoaned lacked of transfer deal for Brek Shea, said him staying at Stoke is an ‘absolute bummer’
- Said Landon Donovan sendoff game in October is “not awkward at all” for him
- Brad Guzan and Nick Rimando will each play 45 minutes for the USA vs. Czech Republic
- Believes midfielder Mix Diskerud is ‘ready to take the next step’ and will get his chance to do so
- Fabian Johnson will become more of a leader for the USMNT
- Revealed he is still in contact with German-Americans Shawn Parker and Devante Parker
Here is the official confirmation that Altidore will skipper the U.S. on Wednesday.