Premier League scenarios ahead of “Championship Sunday”
One more game to change your fate.
Heading into Championship Sunday, we know that Manchester City just need a win at home against West Ham United to seal their second Premier League title in three seasons. Liverpool will be hoping City slip up and if Brendan Rodgers’ side beat Newcastle at home, then they will be crowned PL champions.
MORE: PL TV schedule for “Championship Sunday”
It has gone down to the final 90 minutes of the season to decide who will win this title, as the drama is almost over for another season.
If you are struggling with the numbers and have goal difference, points and other permutations whizzing through your head, below our PL research team has kindly put together a guide on exactly what is left to play for on the final day. Check it out.
Assuming Manchester City maintain their far superior ‘goal difference’ advantage over Liverpool (+13 better goal difference)
- Manchester City will win the title if they win or draw v. West Ham
- Liverpool will win the title if they win v. Newcastle and Manchester City lose v. West Ham
- Tottenham will qualify for the Europa League unless they lose v. Aston Villa and Manchester United win at Southampton
- If Tottenham lose and Manchester United win, both teams will finish level on 66 points but Manchester United has the edge on ‘goal difference’
- Fulham and Cardiff are guaranteed to be relegated
- Norwich are ‘virtually’ guaranteed relegation due to their vastly inferior ‘goal difference’ to West Brom
- Even if Norwich beat Arsenal and West Brom lose to Stoke City, both Norwich and West Brom will finish on 36 points, Norwich’s goal difference (-32) is 17 goals worse than West Brom’s (-15)