Scouting report: Everton target Orlando’s Cyle Larin
Reports have been suggesting the Orlando City’s star striker Cyle Larin is attracting some serious interest from Premier League side Everton.
[ LIVE: Stream every PL game live ]
Larin, 21, has started the MLS season off in red-hot form and the report suggests the Toffees have bid $4 million for his talents. They’ll likely have to up that offer for the Canadian national team star.
What is Larin all about?
With Romelu Lukaku seeming to be heading towards the exit door this summer as his contract saga rumbles on, it’s not outlandish to state that Larin has a very similar style to the prolific Belgian international. Of course, he has yet to test himself in the PL and Lukaku’s boots would be a big pair to fill if Larin did arrive at Goodison Park as some kind of replacement in the coming months, yet when you watch Larin play there are so many similarities between the pair.
Ronald Koeman is always eager to give youth a chance and with Tom Davies, Ademola Lookman and Dominic Calvert-Lewin all getting regular minutes this season, so Larin would get chances to impress if he ended up on Merseyside.
Here are some key stats Toffees fans will want to know too:
- 17 - Number of goals Larin scored in his debut MLS season, the most-ever by a Rookie
- Larin has scored all three of Orlando’s goals so far in the 2017 MLS season
- He has scored 39 goals in 68 appearances for Orlando since arriving in 2015
- For Canada, he has five goals in 19 appearances after making his debut as a teenager
- Larin became the first-ever Canadian to be selected as the first overall pick in the MLS SuperDraft when he joined Orlando in 2015
Click play on the video above to see Larin’s best moments so far in MLS, as he continues his impressive development.