CSN stat guru Rich Goldberg takes a look at the trends and 5 stats to watch leading up to the Ravens game Sunday vs the Jaguars.
- Keeping it close - Each of the Ravens 8 games this season has been decided by 8 points or less. 14 of the 18 games all-time between the Ravens and Jaguars were within 8 points. Translation: a close game is not out of the question.
- Incomplete - Blake Bortles and Joe Flacco rank worst and second-worst in 4th quarter completion percentages this season – with a minimum of 40 attempts. Bortles has completed 48.0 percent of his 4th quarter attempts. Flacco is right behind at 51.0 percent.
- Hitting the Century Mark – Steve Smith has 50 career 100-yard receiving games. With Smith out for the season, the ten remaining Ravens receivers/tight ends have a combined 3 career 100-yard receiving games. 2 from Chris Givens, 1 from Joe Morgan.
- “0” no - The Ravens are the only NFL team with 0 forced turnovers since Week 4. The Cowboys are 0-5 since Week 4 – and even Dallas has forced a turnover. The Ravens are on pace for 8 takeaways after forcing 22 turnovers last season.
- T-“Allen”-ted - Wide receivers Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson have a combined 12 receiving touchdowns this season. That’s the 2nd most in the NFL among all wide receiving duos, trailing only Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall with 13 TD.