CINCINNATI- Five final thoughts on the Ravens (5-10), as they prepare to end their disappointing season against the playoff-bound Bengals (11-4):
1. This could the last game in a Ravens uniform for two starters about to become unrestricted free agents - left tackle Kelechi Osemele and outside linebacker Courtney Upshaw.
2. A. J. McCarron will start at quarterback for the Bengals, but they hope to get Andy Dalton back at some point during the playoffs. Dalton hopes to have the cast removed from his thumb on Monday. Dalton is unlikely to be ready to play next weekend, but there’s a chance he could return for the divisional round. That gives the Bengals even more to play for against the Ravens. If the Bengals beat the Ravens, and the Broncos lose to the Chargers, the Bengals will have a first-round bye, and perhaps get Dalton back for the divisional round.
3. With Ravens wide receiver Kamar Aiken needing 132 yards to reach 1,000 receiving yards for the season, expect quarterback Ryan Mallet to target Aiken on some deep throws. Aiken wants a victory first and foremost. But he also wants 1,000 yards, and the Ravens want him to get it.
4. Today’s outcome will determine the Ravens’ position in next year’s draft. They would currently pick No. 8, and a loss would insure them of having a top-10 pick. They have not made a top-10 selection since 2003, when they chose outside linebacker Terrell Suggs.
5. When running back Buck Allen takes his first snap today, he will be the only Ravens rookie who played in all 16 games.
RELATED: Bengals OC Jackson a hot head coach candidate
Enjoying a game at M&T Bank Stadium just became a little more affordable.
On Thursday, the Ravens introduced their new "Flock Friendly Fare," reducing the price of 21 of their most popular food and beverage items.
The change comes as the organization focuses on revamping the fan experience in 2018. Fans will see an average of 33 percent in total savings and up to 53 percent savings on a single item.
"As a lot of you probably know, after every game we survey fans to see how we're doing; what have we done well and what have we not done well. Over the years, one of the biggest criticisms we received was for the gameday concessions prices," Ravens President Dick Cass said on the team's website.
Alcoholic beverages were all reduced by $1 with the addition of domestic 12 ounce beer for $5.
Chicken tenders with fries went from $11 to $7, while a slice of pizza went from $8.50 to $6. No single item will cost above $9.
On average, you will now be able to feed a family of four for $44 compared to $66.75 in years past. To see all of the reductions, click the arrow in the post below.
In 2017, the Atlanta Falcons reduced their concession prices upon opening their brand new Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The Ravens, however, are expecting to lose $1.5 million in concession revenue due to the change.
MORE RAVENS NEWS:
Vegas has spoken and they are not optimistic about rookie Lamar Jackson starting under center for the Ravens in 2018.
Bovado, an online gambling site, has set the odds on how the top 2018 rookies will perform and they have Jackson getting 0.5 starts this season.
That number will come as a surprise considering the popular narrative that Lamar Jackson will be the Ravens' starter in no time. The team made it clear they are planning for life after Flacco when they traded back into the first-round of the 2018 draft to select the quarterback out of Louisville at No. 32.
Flacco - who is entering his 11th season with the organization - is experiencing a decline in his performance of late, one that can not be put entirely on his shoulders as the team has failed in finding him valuable weapons to throw to. Nonetheless, Flacco's projected 2018 season is very much up in the air and it appears Vegas is betting on the one-time Super Bowl MVP to bounce back.
However, the Ravens have failed to make the playoffs four of the last five seasons, and if that trend continues into 2018, the rookie could get his shot at flipping the script.
If you're a betting man, it could payoff to bet the over on Jackson. Low risk, seemingly high reward.
MORE RAVENS NEWS: