This just in. The Washington Capitals have received their Stanley Cup rings and they are glorious.
Made by Jostens, the Caps get to celebrate their first Stanley Cup Championship in style less than 48 hours before they drop the puck on a new season.
“These rings will now forever be a reminder for the players, coaches, and fans: we did it. We are thrilled today to be able to unveil this beautiful ring, which will always be a proud symbol of the Capitals’ incredible 2018 Stanley Cup run and the unbreakable bond they created among all Caps fans who shared in the joy of that moment together," Capitals owner Ted Leonsis said.
Here are some facts about the rings, provided by the Washington Capitals:
- The ring is made of 14-karat white and yellow gold. The ring features 230 round diamonds, 22 princess-cut diamonds, 28 custom taper-cut rubies, seven custom-cut star-shaped rubies, and a star-shaped sapphire.
- The combined stone weight is 10.2 carats.
- There are several parts of the ring featuring three star-shaped rubies inspired by the Washington DC flag.
- The words “STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS” are set in yellow gold
- On one side, Stanley Cup created in white gold and set with 20 diamonds and one star-shaped ruby, which represents the team’s first Stanley Cup Championship.
- Two additional star-shaped rubies flank either side of the Stanley Cup commemorating the Capitals’ two Eastern Conference Championships.
- Inside the ring is engraved with the Capitals’ logo surrounded by the logos and series scores from their journey to making history as Stanley Cup champions for the very first time.
At this point we know you are wishing you could get one, well today is your lucky day.
Defense for the Stanley Cup starts on Wednesday, October 3 when the Capitals host the Boston Bruins. There, the Capitals will unveil their 2018 Championship Banner.
MORE CAPS NEWS:
- Into the rafters: Stunning moments from banner ceremony
- NHL Power Rankings: Hockey is back
- Sympathy and Support: Caps see both sides of hit
- Its Not Crazy: Kuzy can be an MVP Candidate