Nationals

Colorado OT Bakhtiari declares for NFL draft

Colorado OT Bakhtiari declares for NFL draft

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) Colorado offensive tackle David Bakhtiari has decided to enter the NFL draft.

The junior says the move has nothing to do with the dismissal of former coach Jon Embree following a 1-11 season.

New Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre says the Buffaloes would've loved to have Bakhtiari around next season but will fully support him.

Bakhtiari started 33 games over three seasons at Colorado, including 11 games last season at left tackle.

He announced his decision on Tuesday.

Quick Links

Gerardo Parra promises the Nationals will return to the postseason

Gerardo Parra promises the Nationals will return to the postseason

Gerardo Parra will be in Japan for the 2020 baseball season, but that hasn't stopped him from promising big things from his former team. 

In an exclusive interview with the Nationals Talk podcast Parra promised that the Nationals will make a playoff run this season.

"I promise you these guys go to the playoffs this year too because these guys have a great heart. I know Rendon is not there but this is baseball and this is a great team."

His message for his former teammates is simple, "don’t lose the emotion, don’t lose the goofy we have right now in the clubhouse… we worked a lot to do that."

Want more Nationals interviews? Listen to the full podcast here:

Parra told Nationals Talk that he is so grateful for his time with the team and in the city. 

As the interview wrapped up, he asked if he could have a moment to say something directly to fans. 

He thanked D.C. and everyone who supported the team during this unforgettable season. He hopes fans do not forget how a children's song brought a whole city together, sports fan or not.  
 
 "Enjoy the moment," said Parra. "And baby shark never forget." 

Click here to download the MyTeams App by NBC Sports. Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream Capitals and Wizards games easily from your device.

MORE NATIONALS NEWS:

 

 

Quick Links

Jose Altuve dodges scandal questions but congratulates Nationals on World Series title

Jose Altuve dodges scandal questions but congratulates Nationals on World Series title

Jose Altuve met with the media at the Astros’ annual winter FanFest event over the weekend, the first time he faced reporters since details of Houston’s sign-stealing scheme used in 2017 came to light.

The former AL MVP congratulated the Nationals on beating the Astros in the World Series last October, saying “they deserved it” after topping Houston in seven games.

But while he didn’t shy away from talking about the 2019 World Series, Altuve declined to comment on the 2017 championship for which the Astros were found guilty by MLB of using electronic devices to gain an edge in.

Manager A.J. Hinch and GM Jeff Luhnow were suspended for a year before being fired by the Astros last week. Altuve and the other players who were on the Astros’ roster that season were exempt from any punishment handed down by the commissioner’s office.

Click here to download the MyTeams App by NBC Sports. Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream Capitals and Wizards games easily from your device.

MORE NATIONALS NEWS: