The young signal callers are starting to settle into their respective roles in the NFL, while a few familiar faces have been slacking lately. Which QB should you bank on to help you capture a W in Week 9?
Here are the best quarterback options this week.
Byes: Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Rams
Editor’s Note: Visit Rotoworld to unlock their brand new League Sync! Keep track of all your Yahoo! teams in one place and use their Trade Analyzer, Free Agent Finder, Lineup Adviser and custom projections to make all the right roster decisions! Get all of Rotoworld’s Season Tools, League Sync AND DFS Tools for as low as $7.99/month!
2020 FANTASY FOOTBALL QB RANKINGS: WEEK 9 (STANDARD SCORING)
1. Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs) vs. Panthers
- 2020 stats: 190 completions, 2315 yards, 21 TDs
Mahomes picked apart the Jets last week, as expected, to secure the Chiefs seventh win of the season. On the docket is another friendly matchup with the Carolina Panthers who are giving up 280 yards per game in away contests this season.
2. Russell Wilson (Seahawks) vs. Bills
- 2020 stats: 183 completions, 2151 yards, 26 TDs
The MVP train for Wilson is at full steam and he can certainly add to that with another stellar performance against the Buffalo Bills on the road. Wilson has sported a career-high 119.5 QB rating through eight weeks and has three or more touchdowns in all but one game this season.
3. Deshaun Watson (Texans) vs. Jaguars
- 2020 stats: 166 completions, 2095 yards, 15 TDs
Four straight 300-yard games, 11 touchdowns in those contests and no interceptions in three of the last four games either. The Jaguars allow the fourth most fantasy points to quarterbacks this season, however Watson did throw two interceptions the last time these two teams faced off in Week 4.
4. Kyler Murray (Cardinals) vs. Dolphins
- 2020 stats: 169 completions, 1847yards, 13 TDs
Kyler Murray has already displayed what he's capable of when facing elite level defenses so this upcoming matchup with the Miami Dolphins should serve as another opportunity for him to display his brilliance behind center. The Cardinals are also coming
5. Tom Brady (Buccaneers) vs. Saints
- 2020 stats: 204 completions, 2189 yards, 20 TDs
Brady has thrown for at least two scores in each of his past three games and 6-of-8 games overall this season. Brady will look to keep it going in a heated Week 9 matchup against the Saints. Did we mention that Antonio Brown is ACTIVE for the first time this season as well? Brady will have a plethora of weapons to choose from.
6. Ben Roethlisberger (Steelers) vs. Cowboys
- 2020 stats: 167 completions, 1628 yards, 15 TDs
Big Ben facing a Dallas defense that's ranked 28th in yards per catch allowed (11.9) and tied for third with 17 touchdown passes allowed. Sign us up! Roethlisberger has thrown at least two touchdowns in all but one game so far in 2020.
7. Lamar Jackson (Ravens) vs. Colts
- 2020 stats: 115 completions, 1343 yards, 12 TDs
Let's address the obvious for a second: Jackson hasn't been the quarterback fans are used to watching from last season. He hasn't exceeded 210 passing yards and at least 20 completions since Week 1 and has a tough matchup against the Colts who allow the fewest fantasy points per game to opposing passers. However, he's still one of the most electric players in the NFL today who's likely to explode for a signature performance soon.
8. Aaron Rodgers (Packers) vs. 49ers
- 2020 stats: 164 completions, 1948 yards, 20 TD
The injury to Packers running back Aaron Jones leaves a big question mark as to what the team will be able to do on the ground. With that being said, Rodgers will naturally get a bump in attempts on Thursday night. The 49ers are also banged up on both sides of the ball and their defensive production has decreased because of the injuries.
9. Josh Allen (Bills) vs. Seahawks
- 2020 stats: 186 completions, 2172 yards, 16 TDs
Allen ranks just behind Justin Herbert as the No. 5 fantasy football quarterback in points per game. He hasn't thrown a touchdown pass since Week 6, but the Bills host a Seattle Seahawks team that has allowed the second-most fantasy points per game to quarterbacks this season.
10. Justin Herbert (Chargers) vs. Broncos
- 2020 stats: 153 completions, 1820 yards, 15 TDs
Herbert completed 29 of 43 for 278 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions last week in Denver and is quickly becoming a matchup-proof starter. Over the past four games he's finished as QB7, QB4, QB1 and QB4 and has a fairly decent matchup this week against the Raiders.
11. Matt Ryan (Falcons) vs. Broncos
- 2020 stats: 211 completions, 2462 yards, 12 TDs
12. Drew Brees (Saints) vs. Buccaneers
- 2020 stats: 185 completions, 1898 yards, 13 TDs
13. Ryan Tannehill (Bengals) vs. Titans
- 2020 stats: 157 completions, 1823 yards, 17 TDs
14. Matthew Stafford (Lions) vs. Vikings
- 2020 stats: 151 completions, 19116 yards, 13 TDs
15. Drew Lock (Broncos) vs. Falcons
- 2020 stats: 83 completions, 927 yards, 4 TDs