Week 6 brought with it the first round of byes, forcing fantasy managers to test their depth while the Falcons, Saints, Jets and 49ers took the week off.
Though the lack of games for those teams likely didn’t impact many fantasy owners at the quarterback position, the same can’t be said for Week 7. Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Dak Prescott will be among the signal callers out of action this weekend.
With that in mind, here are the top 20 quarterbacks for Week 7.
Byes: Bills, Chargers, Cowboys, Jaguars, Steelers, Vikings
2021 FANTASY FOOTBALL QB RANKINGS: WEEK 7
1. Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs) at Titans
- 2021 passing stats: 167 completions, 1,887 yards, 18 TDs, 8 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 26 attempts, 184 yards, 1 TD, 2 fumbles
Patrick Mahomes may not be lighting the world on fire like he’s done in the past, but he’s hardly having a down year. The Chiefs QB leads the NFL in passing touchdowns while completing 69% of his passes, the best rate of his career. He also has the most fantasy points of any QB, making him the obvious choice for the No. 1 spot this week with a juicy matchup against the Titans on tap.
2. Kyler Murray (Cardinals) vs. Texans
- 2021 passing stats: 144 completions, 1,741 yards, 14 TDs, 4 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 37 attempts, 116 yards, 3 TDs, 6 fumbles
The Cardinals are the lone undefeated team left in the NFL and Kyler Murray is a big reason why. Coming off a four-touchdown performance against the Browns, Murray gets a soft opponent in the Texans to pad his numbers even further. Start him with confidence.
3. Matt Stafford (Rams) vs. Lions
- 2021 passing stats: 139 completions, 1,838 yards, 16 TDs, 4 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 18 attempts, 26 yards, 0 TDs, 1 fumble
Matt Stafford will return to Detroit this week for the first time since being traded, and he’s bringing some friends. The Rams’ offense is among the most prolific groups in the NFL and the 0-6 Lions don’t stand much of a chance of slowing them down. Get in on the Stafford Revenge Game if you can.
4. Lamar Jackson (Ravens) vs. Bengals
- 2021 passing stats: 131 completions, 1,686 yards, 9 TDs, 5 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 64 attempts, 392 yards, 2 TDs, 5 fumbles
After taking a backseat to his running backs last week against the Chargers, Lamar Jackson will be back in the middle of the action for Baltimore’s divisional matchup with the Bengals. Cincinnati’s defense has been stingy against the run this season, which should force Jackson to air it out early and often.
5. Tom Brady (Buccaneers) vs. Bears
- 2021 passing stats: 183 completions, 2,064 yards, 17 TDs, 3 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 13 attempts, 37 yards, 1 TD, 2 fumbles
You’re tired of hearing it, but it has to be said anyway: Tom Brady is 44 years old! He shouldn’t be doing this, but here he is doing it anyway. The Bucs QB leads the NFL in passing yards and, even more importantly for fantasy purposes, tops the league in attempts. Both trends will continue against Chicago.
6. Aaron Rodgers (Packers) vs. Washington
- 2021 passing stats: 124 completions, 1,436 yards, 12 TDs, 3 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 14 attempts, 27 yards, 2 TDs, 0 fumbles
Speaking of Chicago, Aaron Rodgers left no doubt that he owns the Bears with a strong performance at Soldier Field last weekend. He’s logged 20+ fantasy points in four of his last five games and now gets a shot at Washington, which has allowed the most fantasy points to QBs of any team in football.
7. Jalen Hurts (Eagles) at Raiders
- 2021 passing stats: 130 completions, 1,480 yards, 8 TDs, 4 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 53 attempts, 300 yards, 5 TDs, 4 fumbles
The Eagles may not be sold on Jalen Hurts long-term, but he’s doing just fine for his fantasy owners right now. Hurts has accrued the fifth-most fantasy points among QB thanks to the running side of his game. Lamar Jackson tore up the Raiders for 86 rushing yards in Week 1, can Hurts follow suit?
8. Ryan Tannehill (Titans) vs. Chiefs
- 2021 passing stats: 128 completions, 1,467 yards, 6 TDs, 4 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 19 attempts, 133 yards, 2 TD, 3 fumbles
Last week, Ryan Tannehill faced the toughest defense for opposing fantasy QBs. This week, he gets the second easiest as the Chiefs come to town. Tennessee is the rare team that doesn’t abandon the run in shootouts, but the Titans will be in the red zone enough to make Tannehill a QB1 this week.
9. Joe Burrow (Bengals) at Ravens
- 2021 passing stats: 123 completions, 1,540 yards, 14 TDs, 7 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 17 attempts, 44 yards, 0 TDs, 0 fumbles
Only two QBs have thrown at least two touchdown passes in every game this season: Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow. The Bengals’ signal caller has already eclipsed his touchdown total from his rookie season despite his offensive line doing him no favors. Burrow may soon be in for weekly consideration as a top-10 fantasy QB.
10. Matt Ryan (Falcons) at Dolphins
- 2021 passing stats: 141 completions, 1,332 yards, 10 TDs, 3 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 7 attempts, 26 yards, 0 TDs, 2 fumbles
Is this Matt Ryan for real? Over his past three games, Ryan has thrown eight touchdown passes with no interceptions. While those numbers have come against the struggling Giants, Washington and Jets, things won’t get much harder against the Dolphins this week. See if you can ride this wave one more week.
11. Sam Darnold (Panthers) at Giants
- 2021 passing stats: 137 completions, 1,573 yards, 7 TDs, 7 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 26 attempts, 110 yards, 5 TDs, 5 fumbles
12. Derek Carr (Raiders) vs. Eagles
- 2021 passing stats: 149 completions, 1,946 yards, 10 TDs, 4 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 18 attempts, 28 yards, 0 TDs, 5 fumbles
13. Jameis Winston (Saints) at Seahawks
- 2021 passing stats: 70 completions, 892 yards, 12 TDs, 3 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 20 attempts, 86 yards, 1 TD, 1 fumble
14. Teddy Bridgewater (Broncos) at Browns
- 2021 passing stats: 139 completions, 1,514 yards, 10 TDs, 4 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 15 attempts, 66 yards, 0 TDs, 1 fumble
15. Daniel Jones (Giants) vs. Panthers
- 2021 passing stats: 130 completions, 1,524 yards, 4 TDs, 4 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 33 attempts, 201 yards, 2 TDs, 5 fumbles
16. Taylor Heinicke (Washington) at Packers
- 2021 passing stats: 126 completions, 1,390 yards, 9 TDs, 6 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 25 attempts, 127 yards, 1 TD, 0 fumbles
17. Justin Fields (Bears) at Buccaneers
- 2021 passing stats: 53 completions, 632 yards, 2 TDs, 3 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 26 attempts, 102 yards, 1 TDs, 3 fumbles
18. Tua Tagovailoa (Jaguars) vs. Falcons
- 2021 passing stats: 50 completions, 544 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 7 attempts, 23 yards, 1 TD, 0 fumbles
19. Carson Wentz (Colts) at 49ers
- 2021 passing stats: 124 completions, 1,545 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT
- 2021 rushing stats: 18 attempts, 74 yards, 0 TDs, 2 fumbles
20. Mac Jones (Patriots) vs. Jets
- 2021 passing stats: 150 completions, 1,472 yards, 7 TDs, 6 INTs
- 2021 rushing stats: 10 attempts, 26 yards, 0 TDs, 3 fumbles
All stats via FantasyPros