Five members of the Maryland football team (plus one who has since departed) have been named to Phil Steele’s annual Preseason All-Big Ten teams, released this week.
There are four teams for each unit -- offense, defense, and special teams. Here are the projections:
- Marcus Leak, WR (4th team, offense)
NOTE: Leak withdrew from school and left the team last week. He is not expected to return.
- Andrew Zeller, OL (4th team, offense)
- William Likely, DB/PR/KR (1st team, defense | 3rd team, special teams)
- Sean Davis, DB (2nd team, defense)
- Yannick Ngakoue, DE/LB (4th team, defense)
- Brad Craddock, K (1st team, special teams)
The player with the most potential in that group? Probably Yannick Ngakoue. As Maryland transitions to a 4-3 defensive scheme this season, the ways Ngakoue will be utilized will give him an opportunity to make a major impact in a number of areas.
Sean Davis is another interesting case. He will move to cornerback full time during the 2015 season after playing safety for the majority of his career in College Park.