LONDON (AP) Rory McIlroy says he may skip the 2016 Olympics because of the dilemma over which country to represent.
The No. 1-ranked player from Northern Ireland is eligible to compete for either Britain or Ireland when golf returns to the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
McIlroy says in a BBC documentary that missing the Olympics is ``definitely an option'' because ``I don't want to upset too many people.''
McIlroy stirred controversy last year when he said in a British newspaper interview that he felt ``more British than Irish.'' He then posted a letter on Twitter saying he grew up ``a proud product of Irish golf'' and had not made a decision on the Olympics.
After testing positive for coronavirus, Brooklyn Nets Taurean Prince will not be traveling with the team to Orlando to participate in the NBA restart, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Tuesday evening.
Prince is the fourth Nets player to not participate in the league's restart due to the virus -- DeAndre Jordan, Spencer Dinwiddie, and Wilson Chandler are also out.
RELATED: BRADLEY BEAL OPTS OUT OF NBA RESTART TO REHAB SHOULDER INJURY
The Nets have the most players not playing in Orlando of any team invited to the bubble if you include Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving who are both sitting out as they rehabilitate their injuries.
The Nets now have four roster spots at their disposal to substitute for guys not making the trip.
Prince was one of the biggest Nets names heading to Orlando as he started 61 of 64 games for Brooklyn while averaging 12 points and six rebounds.
The Washington Wizards are currently six games behind Brooklyn, making this news major for the home team's efforts towards the postseason. However, with Bradley Beal and Davis Bertans opting out of the restart, circumstance still slightly favors Brooklyn because of their already established lead.
Stay connected to the Wizards with the MyTeams app. Click here to download for comprehensive coverage of your teams.
MORE WIZARDS NEWS:
Brandon Scherff signed his one-year tender with the Redskins in April, and after doing so, told the team's website that he loves playing in Washington and hoped to do so for the rest of his career.
Well, the possibility of that happening may be taking at least a slight hit this offseason, according to a Tuesday report from ESPN's John Keim. Keim tweeted that "there isn't much optimism that a long-term deal will be struck" before the league's July 15 deadline.
If that does indeed happen, the 28-year-old will play out 2020 on the franchise tag and earn $15 million.
Ron Rivera and other members of the organization haven't been shy when it comes to praising Scherff. Back in February, the head coach referred to the guard as "somebody that we really believe is a big part of our offensive line."
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE REDSKINS TALK PODCAST
However, whether it's the overall bizarre nature of this offseason, the uncertainty of how this coming season will unfold or Scherff's recent, serious injury history, it's looking like Scherff is only guaranteed to be a "big part" of the Burgundy and Gold's line for 2020. Simply put, this feels like a very weird time to launch into a major commitment.
If the deadline comes and goes without any unforeseen progress, it'll be up to Scherff to ball out in the franchise's next 16 games, and then look to cash out next March. At that point, this process will start all over again.
Stay connected with the Redskins in the MyTeams app. Click here to download for comprehensive coverage of your teams.
MORE REDSKINS NEWS: