If you needed further proof that this Nationals team is cast away and overlooked throughout the league, we've got some.
The league dropped their 2019 list of the top-selling MLB jerseys... and not a single Nationals player is on it. The list is below.
- Aaron Judge, New York Yankees
- Bryce Harper, Philadelphia Phillies
- Cody Bellinger, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Javier Báez, Chicago Cubs
- Christian Yelich, Milwaukee Brewers
- Ronald Acuña Jr., Atlanta Braves
- Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox
- José Altuve, Houston Astros
- Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
- Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
- Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
- Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Alex Bregman, Houston Astros
- Pete Alonso, New York Mets
- Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves
- Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
- Francisco Lindor, Cleveland Indians
- Paul Goldschmidt, St. Louis Cardinals
- Jacob deGrom, New York Mets
- George Springer, Houston Astros
We're definitely salty. We're also not going to talk about Bryce Harper here. But it might be a good time to remind you that you can buy Nationals jerseys at the Team Stores both in center field and behind home plate for 40% off during every home game for the rest of the year. It's true. We checked.
The National League makes a good showing, taking 13 of the 20 spots. The NL East is represented by five whole players. Five! And not one of them is a National. Not even Anthony Rendon, league leader in RBI, or Max Scherzer, league leader in strikeouts/base on balls. Juan Soto and Victor Robles, incredible fielders on the rise, don't even crack the top.
I'm just curious when baseball fans are going to start paying attention to those donning the curly W.
MORE NATIONALS NEWS: