Time to update the calendar. The Kenner League schedule is out.
The annual summertime basketball league - officially known as Nike Pro-City Jabbo Kenner League - held at McDonough Arena on the campus of Georgetown University tips off Friday.
Current players from Georgetown, including incoming freshmen, headline the event for the Hoya faithful. Players from George Washington, George Mason and Maryland often participate along with alumni from the various programs plus D.C. area notables along with current professionals.
Click here for the schedule and check back for the rosters, though always take such things with an "expected to play" approach.
Georgetown provided a breakdown of its players, who will be spread out among seven teams in the 11-team league.
- Clyde's - L.J. Peak, coming off winning a gold medal winning performance with Team USA at the U-19 World Championships, teams up with fellow rising sophomore forward Isaac Copeland.
- A Wash. Associates - Senior guard and leading returning scorer D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera and sophomore forward Paul White.
- DCX - Junior forward Reggie Cameron and senior center Bradley Hayes.
- Higher Level - Sophomore guard Tre Campbell and sophomore Trey Mourning.
- Ohhs and Ahhs - Sophomore transfer Akoy Agau.
- The Tombs - Here come the new guys. Freshmen center Jessie Govan and forward Kaleb Johnson.
- Hoop Magic All-Stars - Another freshman forward, Marcus Derrickson, along with junior walk-on Riyan Williams.
Clyde’s -Paul Jorgensen and Matt Cimino
DCX - Kevin Larsen and Anthony Swan
On Point - Matt Hart and Jaren Sina
Higher Level -Jordan Roland and Isaiah Armwood (alumnus)
Hoop Magic All Stars - Alex Mitola and Collin Goss
Team Oohhs & Aahhs - Tyler Cavanaugh and Yuta Watanabe
Beyond Belief - Joe McDonald
Quarterfinal games will be played on Saturday, Aug. 1 beginning at 2 p.m. Semifinal games will be played on Sunday, Aug. 2 (2 p.m., 3:20 p.m.) and the championship game will be played on Saturday, Aug. 8 at 3:30 p.m.
All parking for Nike Pro-City Jabbo Kenner League games will be in the Southwest Garage off the Canal Road entrance to the University.