Selecting a dining spot for lunch can be a hassle, especially when you’re on a busy schedule. However, there are a broad range of diverse food trucks available throughout the capital that will fulfill your appetite
Here are some of the best food trucks to stop, eat and go in and around Washington, D.C.
Capital Chicken & Waffles
- Freshly made waffles and pan-seared chicken
- Waffle poppers are the signature item on the menu
- Check out the locations for the day
- Vietnamese cuisine from steaming hot pho-in-a-cup to Vietnamese sandwiches
- Fried Chinese breadsticks, Vietnamese style fusion tacos
- Daily locations available
Puddin’ (Multiple Locations), 1309 5th Street North East, Washington, DC 20002
- Specializes in cajun and Gullah inspired southern divine comfort food
- Wild Blue Catfish po’boys, shrimp & grits and bread puddin'
- Check out the full menu
- From traditional mac and cheese and gourmet pasta to fresh veggies and scratch-made desserts, CapMac brings a food truck experience to the streets like no other
- Buffalo mac, crab mac, deviled eggs are the fan favorites
- Check out the daily locations
Ooh Dat Chicken
- Specializing in fresh off the grill rotisserie chicken, brined and marinated in a signature blend of herbs and spices for over 24 hours
- Pulled chicken tacos, fresh basil coleslaw,
- Follow Ooh Dat Chicken on Twitter for the up-to-date locations
Outside of D.C.
Roaming Coyote, 10266 Main Street Fairfax, VA 22030
- Sources their chicken, eggs, and milk locally year-round
- Queso, handcrafted tacos, bowls, Navajo nachos, and chimis are the must-try items on the menu
- Find out where to catch the Roaming Coyote
Be sure to stop by and rate these top food trucks in the D.C. metropolitan area. They each have gourmet meals that you don't want to miss out on.