Here is the latest Baltimore Ravens news for your Thursday morning.
1. Michael Pierce will be staying in Baltimore. The defensive tackle signed his restricted free agent tender Wednesday. Pierce will be entering his fourth season with the Ravens and was the team's top defensive player in 2018, according to Pro Football Focus. The Ravens could still come to an agreement with Pierce on a long-term contract. If that does not happen, the 26-year-old will become an unrestricted free agent in 2020.
2. The Ravens now have a solid running back depth chart with Mark Ingram, Gus Edwards and 2019 fourth-round pick Justice Hill. But with the additions of Ingram and Hill will come the departure of one of the backs currently on their roster.
So, who is most likely to go? ESPN's Bill Barnwell listed every NFL team's most likely candidate for a post-draft trade or cut, and for the Ravens he's predicting Kenneth Dixon gets axed.
"Dixon has been generally productive as a pro, but knee injuries have limited the 2016 fourth-rounder to 18 games in three seasons," Barnwell said.
"With Dixon entering the final year of his rookie contract, a team such as the Buccaneers or Jaguars could take a flier on Dixon for a late-round pick in hopes of finding an impact young starter."
3. The Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook has released it's latest Super Bowl odds and the Ravens currently sit a 40-1 to win it all. To not much surprise (that was strange to type), the Cleveland Browns have the best odds in the AFC North to win the Super Bowl at 20-1. The New England Patriots and Kansas City Chiefs have the best odds of all 32 teams to take home the Lombardi Trophy at 6-1.
May 3-6 or May 10-13: Potential three-day rookie mini camp
July 15: 4 p.m. deadline to get long-term deal done with designated franchise tag player
The 2019 NFL schedule is set! See the Baltimore Ravens defend the AFC North at M&T Bank Stadium this season. Get your tickets now at www.BaltimoreRavens.com/tickets.
MORE RAVENS NEWS:
- Ravens Roundup: Need for speed all part of Ravens' 2019 plans
- Roundup: Eric DeCosta earns high markings for 2019 NFL Draft
- New Members of the Flock: Complete list of Ravens' 2019 NFL Draft picks