We're rewarding you for getting through another workweek with the latest Baltimore Ravens news.
1. The Ravens and Marshal Yanda agreed in principle to a one-year extension Thursday, keeping the guard in Baltimore through the 2020 season. Drafted by the Ravens in the third round of the 2007 NFL Draft, the seven-time Pro Bowler started every game during the 2018-19 season after suffering a season-ending ankle injury in 2017. According to Pro Football Focus, Yanda hasn't given up a sack since 2015 and was the second-best run blocker in the NFL last season.
2. Running back Ty Montgomery signed a one-year deal with the New York Jets Thursday. The unrestricted free agent was traded to the Ravens from the Green Bay Packers back in October. In six games with Baltimore, Montgomery rushed 15 times for 83 yards in addition to 10 receptions for 65 yards. He will join former Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell in the backfield.
3. Sports Illustrated's Conor Orr re-drafted the first-round of the 2018 NFL Draft and has quarterback Lamar Jackson going much higher than No. 32. In his re-draft, Orr has the Jets selecting Jackson with the third-overall pick.
"Hear me out: You’re Todd Bowles, Sam Darnold is off the board, you have a platoon of capable running backs, a coaching staff who likes to run the football and a good defense," Orr said. "Installing something similar to what the Ravens did for Jackson a year ago would have made this team fascinating. Three of the Jets’ four wins this past season came when they put up 100 or more yards on the ground. And… it’s not all about the running game with Jackson. He’s a big-game quarterback who got better every week last year. He can create moments with his arm that other players in the league simply can’t."
En route to leading the Ravens to the postseason for the first time in three seasons, Jackson posted 695 rushing yards, the most by all NFL quarterbacks in 2018. It also ranks 11th most by a quarterback in NFL single-season-history and third by a rookie quarterback behind Robert Griffin III (815) and Cam Newton (706).
Having a ruff day?— Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) April 11, 2019
This thread is sure to make you smile 🐶🐱 https://t.co/7PseKQ65xf
April 15: Voluntary OTAs may begin
April 19: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets
April 25-27: 2019 NFL Draft in Nashville, Tn.
MORE RAVENS NEWS:
- AAF to NFL: Ravens reportedly host former AAF, Texans wide receiver
- Ravens Roundup: Grading their pre-draft offseason moves
- Mock Draft 19.0: Where will LSU's Devin White fall?