This story was updated from a previous publishing
Here is the latest news surrounding the Baltimore Ravens on Tuesday, April 8.
1. The Browns' trade for wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. shook the AFC North and was quite possibly the biggest trade of 2019 free agency. However, NFL Network's Tom Blair believes the Ravens' addition of running back Mark Ingram could be the difference in whether or not the Ravens hold off the Browns to defend their AFC North title.
"He's joining a Baltimore offense that, in 2018, posted 1,607 rushing yards from Week 11 to Week 17, the most rushing yards from a team's 10th game to its 16th in any season since the NFL expanded to 16-game slates in 1978," Blair said. "And that was with running backs like Gus Edwards and Alex Collins (since released following an arrest) splitting most of the carries that didn't go to Lamar Jackson. Whatever John Harbaugh and new offensive coordinator Greg Roman are cooking up for Jackson's sophomore campaign, Ingram will likely play a key role. Ultimately, depending on how things shake out, this acquisition could help determine whether or not Baltimore is able to hold off the Browns and defend its AFC North title."
2. Wide receiver Seth Roberts officially signed his one-year deal with the Ravens Monday, and despite Lamar Jackson's run-heavy style of play being viewed as a turnoff to potential receivers, Roberts told The Lounge podcast that playing alongside the second-year QB attracted him to Baltimore.
"I like Lamar," Roberts said. "I like his style of game and I'm real happy to be apart of that offense. Like you said, energy. His style of play. He wants it. He makes it happen. He can get up and down the field. He can run. He can throw. I like that. I like his game."
3. After giving up his No. 29 jersey to safety Earl Thomas, cornerback Marlon Humphrey has decided on a new jersey number. The cornerback will now rock No. 44 for the Ravens. 44 is the same number his father, Bobby Humphrey, wore at the end of his career with the Dolphins.
I bet @marlon_humphrey will. Hahahaha— Eric Weddle (@weddlesbeard) April 8, 2019
April 15: Voluntary OTAs may begin
April 19: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets
April 25-27: 2019 NFL Draft in Nashville, Tn.
MORE RAVENS NEWS:
- How Vegas Feels: Vegas sets the odds on Ravens' 2019 win total
- Roll Tide: Ravens' former Alabama stars root for Virginia in Final Four
- Mock Draft Roundup: Could the Ravens be taking a center in first round?