Ravens

Quick Links

Ravens vs. Colts: Week 16 time, TV channel, live stream, how to watch

suggs-usat.png
USA Today Sports

Ravens vs. Colts: Week 16 time, TV channel, live stream, how to watch

What's better than Sunday NFL football? Saturday NFL football, obviously.

The Ravens are hosting the 3-11 Indianapolis Colts Saturday in a game that means a lot and a little at the same time.

The Ravens can not be eliminated or clinch a playoff berth in Week 16, however a win is crucial if they want to slide into the playoffs unscathed.

RELATED: AFC PLAYOFF PICTURE HEADING INTO WEEK 16

The team is coming off a 27-10 win over the 0-14 Cleveland Browns where Joe Flacco had a completion rate of 61.9 percent, threw for 288 yards - his most in 2017 -  and 1 touchdown.

The Ravens are 5-1 in games where Flacco does not throw an interception.

Safety Eric Weddle and cornerback Brandon Carr each had an interception. Weddle is just one interception away from tying his season record of seven.

Running back Buck Allen had 13 carries for 70 yards, while WR Mike Wallace had six receptions for 89 yards.

The offense and defense seem to finally be working in harmony, something that will be very important in what should be an easy win on the road to the playoffs.

The Colts season hasn't been great to say the least.

Quarterback Andrew Luck was placed on IR back in November after not playing a single snap all season with a shoulder injury.

Their three wins come from the Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers and Houston Texans.

The Colts are ranked 31st in yards-per-game, 30th in passing yards and 22nd in rushing yards.

As far as their defense goes, they're ranked 30th in total defense, passing defense and 29th in rushing defense.

On paper, Saturday's matchup shouldn't be too difficult. However, if history is any indication on how the game will pan out, the two have met 14 times with the Colts leading the series 10-4.

Click here for the Ravens' Week 16 injury report.

Click here for Colts' Week 16 injury report.

Here's everything you need to know to watch.

RELATED: RAVENS HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE

Week 16 Ravens vs. Colts:

Who: Baltimore Ravens vs. Indianapolis Colts

What: Week 16 NFL regular season

When: 4:30 p.m.. ET, Saturday, Dec. 23, 2017

Where: M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD

TV Channel: NFL Network

Live Stream: NFL.com

Online with no Cable TV: fuboTV (Try for free)

Radio: WBAL New Radio 1090

Point Spread: Baltimore, -13.5

Over/Under: 40.5

Weather: 63 degrees, rain

BALTIMORE RAVENS 2017 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE:

Week 1 (Sun, Sept. 10): 20-0  at Cincinnati Bengals (W)

Week 2 (Sun, Sept. 17): 24-10 vs. Cleveland Browns (W)

Week 3 (Sun, Sept. 24): 44-7 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (in London) (L)

Week 4 (Sun, Oct. 1): vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1:00 p.m. (L)

Week 5 (Sun, Oct. 8): at Oakland Raiders, 4:05 p.m. (W)

Week 6 (Sun, Oct. 15): vs Chicago Bears, 1:00 p.m. (L)

Week 7 (Sun, Oct. 22): at Minnesota Vikings, 1:00 p.m. (L)

Week 8 (Thur, Oct. 26): vs. Miami Dolphins, 8:25 p.m. (W)

Week 9 (Sun, Nov. 5): at Tennessee Titans, 1:00 p.m. (L)

Week 10 (Sun, Nov. 12): BYE week

Week 11 (Sun, Nov. 19): at Green Bay Packers, 1:00 p.m. (W)

Week 12 (Mon, Nov. 27): vs. Houston Texans, 8:30 p.m. (W)

Week 13 (Sun, Dec. 3): vs. Detroit Lions, 1:00 p.m. (W)

Week 14: (Sun, Dec. 10): at Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:30 p.m. (L)

Week 15: (Sun, Dec. 17): at Cleveland Browns, 1:00 p.m. (W)

Week 16: (Sat, Dec. 23): vs Indianapolis Colts, 4:30 p.m.

Week 17: (Sun, Dec. 31): vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00 p.m

Quick Links

After breakout 2017 season, Ravens running back Alex Collins isn't getting too comfortable

collins-otas-ap.png
AP Images

This time last year, running back Alex Collins wasn't a part of the Baltimore Ravens.

After being released by the Seattle Seahawks at the end of the 2017 preseason, the Ravens placed the 23-year-old on their practice squad, and by Week 2, Collins was already making plays.

As the season progressed, Collins found himself as the Ravens' top running back. He finished 2017 as the team's leading rusher with 973 yards while Javorius "Buck" Allen followed behind him with 591 yards.

If the 2018 NFL season began today, Collins would likely be the Ravens' starter, which is quite ironic considering the fate of his 2017 preseason.

"I always go back to where I started and where I am now, and I use that as my motivation," Collins said after Thursday's training camp practice.

"No matter the day, no matter how tired I am, I think to myself, at this time last year, I didn’t know my position, where I was, where I’d end up. So just having that security behind it is definitely my motivation to keep it this way and keep pushing forward and keep trying to get better instead of being complacent.”

Over the course of 15 games, Collins proved he had the strength and speed to make an impact on the team after Danny Woodhead suffered a hamstring injury on the first drive of the Ravens' Week 1 game and Kenneth Dixon sat out the entire season with a torn meniscus.

While job security is something we all strive for, Collins isn't getting too comfortable with the hierarchy.

“I don’t want to say necessarily ‘comfortable,’ because when I use that word, it makes me feel like I’m too relaxed and lackadaisical," Collins said.

"I’m more focused. I don’t want to get comfortable. I don’t want the team or our group to get comfortable, because we just want to get better every day. So, in the position I am, it’s a great feeling, but I’m always pushing myself to be better.”

While Collins has set personal goals for himself – like a 1,000-yard season – he is equally as focused on making the Ravens backfield one of the best groups in the National Football League.

“I expect that," Collins said on being the Ravens' starter.

"I would hope that all the other running backs expect [to be the starter] as well, and that’s what kind of drives our group – when we all know that we have that capability to be the No. 1 guy, and we’re out competing and push each other and try to be the best. No matter who’s out there during the game, you’ll see a productive play out of that person. So, I have that mindset. I want to be the guy. I have that fire in me, and I hope [that is] as well as the other running backs, as I encouraged them as well.”

Collins noted that he's coming into training camp a bit heavier. He added five pounds to his 200-pound frame "just to see how that feels," but is still maintaining the stamina and strength he's always had.

Collins – who was one of several veterans released from practice early as the team begins to adjust their way into the extended preseason – finished his media availability with a friendly warning to fantasy football owners: "Draft me now before it’s too late, guys."

MORE RAVENS NEWS:

Quick Links

Joe Flacco receives high praise from teammates after first training camp practice

flacco-trainingcamp-usat.png
USA TODAY Sports

Ravens football is back and so is Joe Cool.

The team’s first training camp practice took place Thursday afternoon, and Joe Flacco’s teammates – from offensive to defensive players – mentioned how laser focused the 10-year veteran is.

"Joe always has a lot of personality,” running back Alex Collins said via SB Nation’s Baltimore Beatdown.

“He is a good guy. He’s a real funny guy, but definitely coming into this year, he has a lot of fire behind him. And it does a lot motivating us especially early when we first reported back. Just seeing him work hard and just seeing him get better every day. He’s definitely got a lot of fire behind him this year.”

Flacco is entering the final year of his contract with a lot on the line following a disappointing start to the 2017 season. But a huge factor that is different for the 33-year old coming into this preseason opposed to last is his health.

“Most definitely,” Collins said on whether he can tell if Flacco is healthier this year. “He’s a lot faster as well, by the way, guys.”

And when it comes to the “Is Joe Flacco elite” debate, linebacker C.J. Mosley knows the consensus within the Under Armour Performance Center.

“I think every year [Joe Flacco] comes in with his mindset that he wants to be great,” Mosley said.

“Mainly because everybody outside of this building does not think he is elite and inside the building, everybody does think that way. Since Joe has been here, you know he is one of those players that never gets rattled. You never see his emotions too high, too low. He’s been our quarterback that kinda stays in the middle to make sure everything goes smooth. That’s kinda how he has been this offseason too. He’s come in looking strong, body looking good.”

Flacco’s health is up to speed as well as his mentality. Flacco organized private workouts with his wide receivers and tight ends at a local park across from the Ravens’ facility last week. This is the first time he has done so since 2011. When asked if he initiated the session, Michael Crabtree gave all the credit to his new quarterback.

“No, that’s all Flac [Flacco], man,” Crabtree said. “That’s the leader. We’re just the wideouts. [We] do whatever he says. If we’ve got something we bring to the table, then we make it work.”

MORE RAVENS NEWS: