The Redskins hold the 15th pick in the first round of the NFL Draft, and after a flurry of rumors and speculation about what might happen on Wednesday, we're going to keep this simple.
Multiple talent evaluators have told NBC Sports Washington that this will be the wildest draft in recent memory. There is no consensus what happens with the first pick, no consensus on the QB rankings after Kyler Murray, and the scene looks set for a lot of trades.
Since the first round projects to be so volatile, and because the Redskins don't pick until nearly midway through, here are 15 thoughts about Thursday night.
- Kyler Murray will go first overall to Arizona.
- The Redskins will not trade up into the Top 3.
- The Redskins will not trade up into the Top 5.
- Drew Lock will be the next QB off the board.
- There could be a Laremy Tunsil type of situation.
- Either Miami or Cincinnati will take a quarterback.
- Boston College guard Chris Lindstrom goes in the top half of the draft.
- Montez Sweat could slide in this draft, and it might not just be about medicals.
- The injury issue will impact Rashan Gary.
- The Redskins will take a defensive player with the 15th pick.
- Nobody knows what the Giants will do, and they like that.
- Four QBs will get drafted in the first round.
- Five QBs might get taken in the first round.
- The Redskins will not take a wide receiver in the first round.
- Don't close the door on Josh Rosen landing in the NFC East.
These are thoughts. Not necessarily predictions, but much effort has been exerted in obtaining the information that went into these ideas.
Stay. Tuned. It's going to be wild.
MORE REDSKINS NEWS: