The Redskins will play at Lambeau Field this Sunday, a stadium that interim coach Bill Callahan respects and an environment rookie QB Dwayne Haskins can't wait to experience.
Few places in sports, if any, are as revered as Lambeau Field. It has hosted some of the NFL's most iconic players and moments. It's a place every fan should try to visit. It's a legitimate American landmark.
It's also super old.
The building, originally known as City Stadium, has existed since September 1957. That means it's more than 62 years old.
So — and this is for no real reason, so if you're looking for a real reason, sorry — here's a list of 25 old things that aren't as old as Lambeau Field:
3) US ZIP codes
4) The movie Ben-Hur (which is apparently as long as The Irishman, but hopefully not as boring)
5) The Dallas Cowboys
6) Dwayne Haskins + Alex Smith (those two together are 57, so depending on the movie theater, they could combine to get a senior discount)
7) Simon Cowell (Lambeau Field is older but less grumpy)
8) Weather satellites (the first one was named TIROS-1 in case you were wondering, which you definitely weren't)
9) Barbie dolls
10) Big Macs (unrelated: Big Macs are delicious)
11) The Twilight Zone (sorry, Black Mirror is better)
12) Kmart stores
13) Michael Jordan
14) The Flintstones
15) George Clooney (yes, he's younger than Lambeau Field and also better at organizing complex casino heists)
16) Lava lamps (if you're buying a lava lamp in 2019, please seek help)
17) Hula hoops (if you're buying a hula hoop in 2019, please also seek help)
18) The Grammy Awards
19) Buffalo wings (imagine a world without Buffalo wings. NO. NEVER MIND. DON'T)
20) Hawaii's statehood
21) Computer mouses (regular mouses, meanwhile, are in fact older than Lambeau Field)
22) Etch a Sketch
23) Pull tabs on soda cans
25) Bump and run coverage
In conclusion, Lambeau Field is old.
MORE REDSKINS NEWS