Redskins

Quick Links

NFL medical chief Andrew Sills is 'optimistic' about season going as scheduled

NFL medical chief Andrew Sills is 'optimistic' about season going as scheduled

The coronavirus pandemic has prevented all NFL offseason activities from happening in a normal fashion, as free agency, the NFL Draft and all OTAs have been done virtually.

The NFL has had the luxury other professional sports leagues have not, as their regular season has not yet been impacted by the virus. And NFL medical chief Andrew Sills remains confident that the league will be able to conduct a normal season come the fall.

"I think that I personally remain very optimistic that we’re going to be able to have a 2020 season and have it along the schedule that we’ve planned,” Sills said in an interview with the Washington Post.

"That’s what we’re planning toward," Sills continued. "But we recognize that we have to continue to evaluate the state of the pandemic and what’s happening across the country and what the current public health guidelines are."

Sills' comments come on the same day as reports that coaches are allowed to return to their respective team facilities on Friday. According to a memo sent leaguewide, teams are now allowed to have 100 employees on the premises.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE REDSKINS TALK PODCAST

Earlier this week, the NFL announced that teams would be required to hold training camp at their respective team facilities, rather than travel to an offsite location. The Redskins were one of 10 teams a season ago that held their annual camp in another city.

The next step for the NFL to determine is when players can report to team facilities. As of now, only players that are recovering from an injury or undergoing medical treatment can report.

As far as when that next step will be, Sills said "I don’t have a specific time interval that I can give you at this point."

Stay connected to the Capitals and Wizards with the MyTeams app. Click here to download for comprehensive coverage of your teams.

MORE REDSKINS NEWS

Quick Links

SEE IT: Dwayne Haskins is in favor of these Washington Red Wolves jerseys

SEE IT: Dwayne Haskins is in favor of these Washington Red Wolves jerseys

The Washington Football to Red Wolves transition has gained an unreal amount of support -- and not just via social media, but nationwide. 

It now seems as though the concept has another supporter, specifically of this particular style and color scheme, QB Dwayne Haskins.

Take a look.

View this post on Instagram

Howl to the #Redwolves? (Concept done by @catchtheblitz)

A post shared by Jordan (@redskinstoday) on

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE REDSKINS TALK PODCAST

If you look closely in the comments you'll see the 23-year-old chime in with his thoughts. 

"Not gone hold you. I can fw this," Haskins said. 

In this setting, I can't specifically tell you what the acronym fw stands for (Urban dictionary it), but I can tell you it is used as a term of favoritism for said post.

RELATED: RED WOLVES WAS THE SOLUTION TO ANOTHER NAME CHANGE

Moving past the QBs comments, the concept is extremely clean, maintains the burgandy and gold color scheme that so many fans yearn to maintain, and keeps the #HTTR hashtag intact (sort of). 

While none of us actually know what the name may be, we do know which name some key players on the roster favor.

Just saying. 

MORE REDSKINS NEWS

Quick Links

Report: Video evidence of alleged witness tampering in robbery by current Seahawk and former Washington CB Quinton Dunbar

Report: Video evidence of alleged witness tampering in robbery by current Seahawk and former Washington CB Quinton Dunbar

Victims of an alleged armed robbery by former Washington cornerback Quinton Dunbar and Giants cornerback DeAndre Baker were paid off to change their testimony to law enforcement, according to a Broward County, Fla. search warrant obtained by the New York Daily News

The search warrant reveals video footage and Instagram messages that indicate a witness, Dominic Johnson, oversaw the payment of the victims after the May 13 crime. The exchange happened outside of the office of Dunbar's attorney Michael Grieco. 

Grieco, who originally slammed the police department for their handling of the investigation, is one of the individuals who was identified in the video. He appeared to be directly involved in the payoff of the victims. 

RELATED: DUNBAR FILES MOTION TO HOPEFULLY ATTEND SEAHAWKS CAMP

Both Dunbar and Baker were accused of the robbery at a barbeque in Miramar, Fla. Police reports say that they allegedly held individuals at gunpoint while stealing cash and luxury watches worth upwards of $50,000.  

The victims gave the police sworn statements that corroborate the evidence obtained. The Daily News says the four victims were paid a combined $55,000, more than the quantified amount in the original robbery.

A statement says one of the four victims was directed "that he didn’t see what he thought he saw” during the day of the alleged crime. Another says he was forced to move out of his apartment in fear of his safety.

The warrant quotes the following message from Johnson as reported in the Daily News:

“We all heading to the lawyer now to get the charges dropped I got them [explective] to sign the papers,” Johnson allegedly wrote. “Got them same [explective] that said they got robbed to say they didn’t … Same [explective] that got robbed I made them fix that sh-t.”

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE REDSKINS TALK PODCAST

Dunbar and Baker both turned themselves over to the authorities in the days following the incident. They were later released on bond. 

On Friday morning, Dunbar requested a motion to be able to attend the Seattle Seahawks training camp. He is currently facing four counts of armed robbery to which he pled not guilty. 

Earlier this offseason Dunbar was traded to Seattle from Washington. The 27-year-old spent his previous five seasons all with the football team in D.C.

Stay connected with the Redskins in the MyTeams app. Click here to download for comprehensive coverage of your teams.

MORE REDSKINS NEWS: