The Redskins played the Jets and Washington provided the FedEx Field crowd one of the worst performances in the last decade.
The team was terrible in nearly every facet. The Jets scored 34 points and somebody named Ryan Griffin had more than 100 yards receiving and a touchdown.
Washington did have one very legit highlight: Rookie QB Dwayne Haskins connected with second-year RB Derrius Guice for a 45-yard touchdown. Guice did almost all of the work, as it was a screen pass from Haskins, but the running back showed vision and speed going down the sideline and avoiding tacklers as he got into the end zone. And then he connected with Jeremy Sprinkle for a second one a few minutes later. Unfortunately, the game was long over by then.
Beyond that, it was ugly for the Redskins.
- Sam Darnold and the Jets took the opening kickoff and marched down the field for a quick touchdown. It was a sign of things to come, as Darnold finished the first half with three TDs and had four TDs in the game. Darnold carved up the Redskins secondary and frequently had open wide receivers streaking through the middle of the field. Darnold finished the game with 19 completions on 30 attempts with just one interception. Good day.
- Coming into the game, the Redskins ranked 31st in the NFL at defending third downs. Washington was giving up first downs on 50 percent of third downs this season, and with five minutes left in the fourth quarter, the Redskins defense was right on track. The Jets had converted five of 10 third downs. The defense was just awful.
- Dwayne Haskins was bad in this game, his second start and his first time at home. Haskins completed 19 of 35 passes and threw a terrible interception in the fourth quarter. There was one incredible play from Haskins, where he connected on a deep pass to Terry McLaurin after scrambling out of the pocket. The throw was gorgeous and showed off Haskins' arm, but in the end, it didn't matter. The play was called back on a holding penalty.
- For the most devoted Redskins fans, here's a bit of good news. Coming into this game the Redskins had not scored a touchdown in more than a month. Well, when Guice got into the end zone, that streak snapped. So congrats.
MORE REDSKINS NEWS:
- On Location: Redskins make it to Kaepernick
- Touchdown: Redskins break scoreless streak
- Moving forward: Redskins must embrace life without Trent