Washington Football

Quick Links

Report: Video evidence of alleged witness tampering in robbery by current Seahawk and former Washington CB Quinton Dunbar

Report: Video evidence of alleged witness tampering in robbery by current Seahawk and former Washington CB Quinton Dunbar

Victims of an alleged armed robbery by former Washington cornerback Quinton Dunbar and Giants cornerback DeAndre Baker were paid off to change their testimony to law enforcement, according to a Broward County, Fla. search warrant obtained by the New York Daily News

The search warrant reveals video footage and Instagram messages that indicate a witness, Dominic Johnson, oversaw the payment of the victims after the May 13 crime. The exchange happened outside of the office of Dunbar's attorney Michael Grieco. 

Grieco, who originally slammed the police department for their handling of the investigation, is one of the individuals who was identified in the video. He appeared to be directly involved in the payoff of the victims. 

RELATED: DUNBAR FILES MOTION TO HOPEFULLY ATTEND SEAHAWKS CAMP

Both Dunbar and Baker were accused of the robbery at a barbeque in Miramar, Fla. Police reports say that they allegedly held individuals at gunpoint while stealing cash and luxury watches worth upwards of $50,000.  

The victims gave the police sworn statements that corroborate the evidence obtained. The Daily News says the four victims were paid a combined $55,000, more than the quantified amount in the original robbery.

A statement says one of the four victims was directed "that he didn’t see what he thought he saw” during the day of the alleged crime. Another says he was forced to move out of his apartment in fear of his safety.

The warrant quotes the following message from Johnson as reported in the Daily News:

“We all heading to the lawyer now to get the charges dropped I got them [explective] to sign the papers,” Johnson allegedly wrote. “Got them same [explective] that said they got robbed to say they didn’t … Same [explective] that got robbed I made them fix that sh-t.”

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE REDSKINS TALK PODCAST

Dunbar and Baker both turned themselves over to the authorities in the days following the incident. They were later released on bond. 

On Friday morning, Dunbar requested a motion to be able to attend the Seattle Seahawks training camp. He is currently facing four counts of armed robbery to which he pled not guilty. 

Earlier this offseason Dunbar was traded to Seattle from Washington. The 27-year-old spent his previous five seasons all with the football team in D.C.

Stay connected with the Redskins in the MyTeams app. Click here to download for comprehensive coverage of your teams.

MORE REDSKINS NEWS:

Quick Links

Thomas Davis is excited for Reuben Foster's return: 'He was born to play the linebacker spot'

Thomas Davis is excited for Reuben Foster's return: 'He was born to play the linebacker spot'

Washington linebackers Thomas Davis and Reuben Foster are at two very different points in their respective NFL careers.

The former is entering his 15th NFL season and is on the tail-end of an incredible career, while the latter is still trying to find his place in the NFL. The two are separated by 11 years in age.

Yet, both linebackers are expected to have significant roles in Washington's defense come this fall, a team they have yet to play a snap for. In a Zoom conference call with local media on Friday, Davis shared his excitement for what Foster has the chance to bring to Washington's defense.

"Reuben is a physical specimen," Davis said. "I was telling somebody the other day you have people who are born to play a position. When you look at Reuben, he’s one of those guys. I feel like he was born to play the linebacker spot."

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TALK PODCAST

It's been a long and windy road -- both on and off the field -- for Foster since Washington claimed him off of waivers in November of 2018.

Foster was released two years ago by San Francisco after two separate domestic violence accusations. Washington claimed the linebacker, yet he would not play for the team at all that season after immediately landing on the Commissioner's Exempt List.

Later that year, Foster's former girlfriend recanted her testimony on the first incident, and charges were dropped on the second. The linebacker got clearance from the NFL to play shortly after.

Foster returned to the field for OTAs in 2019, but his first practice with his new team ended rather quickly. On just the third snap of the session, Foster suffered a gruesome, non-contact knee injury, tearing multiple ligaments. His recovery took longer than usual, as he lost feeling in his toes in January -- months after the surgery. 

Earlier this week, Foster was removed from the active/PUP list and placed on the team's active roster, 21 months after he was originally claimed by Washington and 15 months after his devastating injury. Foster spoke with reporters shortly after Davis did on Friday, and opened up about his life from the past year and a half.

RELATED: WHAT ARE REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS FOR REUBEN FOSTER IN 2020?

If there's someone who can relate to Foster's rehab process, it's Davis. Over a 23-month span from 2009-2011, Davis suffered three (!!) separate ACL tears.

Yet, Davis bounced back from those injuries in tremendous fashion. Since returning from the final ACL tear in 2012, Davis has been extremely durable. Over that span, he's earned three Pro Bowl nods and was named to the NFL's All-Pro squad in 2015. Even at age 36, Davis racked up 112 tackles for the Chargers last season.

"Just seeing [Foster] make progress each and every day has truly been special," Davis said. "As a guy who has his own rehab story, to see Reuben being able to do the things he’s doing day in and day out, I’m extremely impressed and I’m excited for him."

With so many twists and turns in his young NFL career, Foster has finally reached the point where he can make football his top priority.

And now in Washington, he has someone he can look up to as a mentor in Davis.

“I try to talk to Reuben as much as I possibly can," Davis said. "Reuben, he’s excited, man. He’s energetic, he’s up-tempo. He’s always just ready to get back on the field as much as he possibly can when he was that opportunity. He’s just out there working hard and we’re just trying to constantly encourage him to continue to fight, continue to work and just let the chips fall where they may at the end of the day."

Stay connected to the team with the MyTeams app. Click here to download for comprehensive coverage of your teams.

MORE WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM NEWS:

Quick Links

SEE IT: This Washington Redwolves concept keeps team's identity intact

SEE IT: This Washington Redwolves concept keeps team's identity intact

Another day, another Washington Redwolves concept. 

Except this time, we may have found a winner. 

On Friday afternoon, an unaffiliated team account, @WashRedwolves posted a concept by Raymond Santiago that combines the classic Burgandy & Gold color scheme with the highly requested Redwolves logo.

Take a look:

RELATED: HOW THIS RED WOLVES DESIGN COULD BE A SIMPLE TRANSITION FOR WASHINGTON FANS

As you can see nothing really changed from the team's current uniform, just the Redwolves logo rather than the numbers they're currently rocking.

And that's absolutely fine. 

Because the team seems to be committed to keeping the identity intact as much as possible post-name change, less would serve as more. 

Stay connected to the team with the MyTeams app. Click here to download for comprehensive coverage of your teams.

MORE WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM NEWS: